Main Menu

Is this It For Ghostbusters Two....

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 19 February, 2016, 10:02:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Jim's got some big boots to fill if he's to taken on Mayor's roll as village cretin.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Hawkmumbler on 09 June, 2016, 04:07:44 PM
Jim's got some big boots to fill if he's to taken on Mayor's roll as village cretin.

https://youtu.be/7GnGwlBRe7w?t=1m03s

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Big_Dave

QuoteAccording to British legal stature, an idiot is an individual with an IQ of less than 20, an imbecile has an IQ of between 20 and 49, and a moron an IQ between 50 and 69. Cretins are specifically persons with a deformity or mental retardation caused by a thyroid deficiency; cretinism is now more commonly called hyperthyroidism http://englishchamber.blogspot.co.uk/2005/09/idiots-morons-imbeciles-cretins.html

TordelBack

Hmmmm. I'm going to be a humourless sourpuss and note that TS was banned for repeatedly posting wildly inappropriate ramblings about women, and ignoring all warnings and advice on the subject. I don't think calling him names when he has no ability to respond is very fair, even in lighthearted jest (which this clearly was). [/killjoy]

Ghost MacRoth

^That.  And especially taking the piss when he has no possible way of defending himself (although even if he had the oppertunity, I expect he'd be unable to defend himself anyway).  He's gone now, so can we let it be?
I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Don't know if someone has put this up but the old Ghostbusters cast meets the newbies.

http://screenrant.com/ghostbusters-reboot-bill-murray-cast/
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Goaty

Yeah but it sadly to see Bill Murray forced to do it, even forced to appears as cameo on film.

GordonR

Quote from: Goaty on 09 June, 2016, 09:58:04 PM
Yeah but it sadly to see Bill Murray forced to do it, even forced to appears as cameo on film.

Bill Murray held out for decades about starring in a third Ghostbusters film, turning down any number of big paydays in the process, but somehow has been forced against his will to do a cameo in this film?

If there's one thing that his career shows, it's that Bill Murray only does what Bill Murray wants to do.

TordelBack

Quote from: GordonR on 09 June, 2016, 10:04:59 PM
If  there's one thing that his career shows, it's that Bill Murray only does what Bill Murray wants to do.

S'right.

Goaty

Well he still sorry for Garfield...

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: Goaty on 09 June, 2016, 11:27:36 PM
Well he still sorry for Garfield...

I heard he only did that because the director was called Cohen and he thought it was a Cohen brothers movie.
You may quote me on that.

GordonR

Murray famously doesn't have an agent. What he does have is a toll-free number that you call and leave a message telling him about your film project.  If he's interested - and he wasn't, when the likes of Marvel Studios and Pixar left unanswered messages offering him roles -he'll eventually get back to you to talk further.

Bill Murray is not a guy who's helping promote the Ghostbusters reboot because someone's telling him to.

radiator

QuoteTS was banned

Is he (finally) gone, then?

Got to admit, can't deny I'd be glad to see the back of him, if only because it often felt like every other post on this forum was one of his.

Felt like every single thread, regardless of subject, would eventually get bogged down in reams of unhinged, incoherent, vaguely Slaine-related drivel.

TordelBack

Sorry for dragging this out further, but I am sorry to see TS banned, although I can't see what else could have been done. Despite obvious problems the guy is a genuinely obsessive fan of Slaine, and all sorts of overlapping interests like 80s games, RPGs, LotR, and it's clear the forum was a significant point of human contact for him: one of us, in other words. I liked a lot of his rambling descriptive posts. However, I'm sorrier still that he never seemed to understand why his self-reported behaviour and attitudes towards women was fundamentally wrong, and his accounts of it inappropriate for this site.

JamesC

I liked TS even though some of his posts were a bit hard to swallow. He may have had backwards attitudes but I got the feeling his heart was in the right place. I've only just realised he's been banned and I think it's a shame.

Anyway, I watched Spy the other night, which stars Melissa McCarthy and it was really good fun. I think this new Ghostbusters might be alright you know.