Main Menu

Thought Bubble 2012 - 11th - 18th November 2012

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 15 May, 2012, 07:18:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

Great photos, (Anderson!) and a great haul of sketches Mr Wells - that Judge Death is simply brilliant  :thumbsup:

stacey

I love that Pete Wells I do!

I had a great day - so nice to see/hug so many of you. I think the panel went well, I was really sad not to be able to see Minty but had already commited to being at the British Comic Awards as I was one of the judges this year. I look very much forward to seeing it soon though as we're hoping that Steve can come to The Canny Comic Con  (fingers crossed!). I got to steal Pete's beer and I got to meet John Wagner, which made my day.  Roll on 8th December when I know I'll get to see Judge Stewart and me marra Pete at the very least! xxxx

Bhuna

After being a member of this forum for nearly 10 years, this was the first time I've managed to put names to faces. This was my first proper con since the old UKCAK days.

As some of you will know I dragged my wife Kim along (bad back, tooth abscess  & everything), who doesn't really have an interest in comics what-so-ever but is very supportive to me in my drawings etc. We could really only manage the Saturday and started the day off by getting mythered by the local rozzers!.

After that it was going around the hall to try and put some names to faces and general chit-chat. The first table was the Disconnected table to say 'hi' to Conor & Lizzie B and bumped into Achie Mcc

After that is was over to say 'hi' to Bolt-01 and Richmond and bumped into Crazy Fox Machine.

After much walking about we then met Archie Mcc for a few beers or three. Where Archie was kind enough to give me two of his prints... cheers mate! Your Buck Tucker pic will be with you soon.

Just as we were thinking of heading back into Leeds, I bumped into Command Force, Kerrin, Colin YNWA and Pete Wells just before they went off to see Judge Minty. It was just a shame that we didn't bump into them earlier for some beers and a chat.

Quote of the day from Kim 'I've been speaking to a very nice man out there, he's got a beard and a hat on!' Kim had no idea that she was chatting to Colin MacNeil!

Has a great day and am looking forward to some more conversions.

twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Bat King

Quote from: AndyLee on 18 November, 2012, 09:46:52 PM
Thought Bubble was ace! You want pics? I got pics...

Judge Anderson (good job she couldn't really tell what I was thinking)

2012-11-18-13h59m38 by Andy Lee - ★☆☆☆☆, on Flickr

Funny... she always seems to know what I am thinking...
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

Steve Green

She's put up a few photos taken at Thought Bubble on her modeling page.

https://www.facebook.com/IntegraAlt.Model

There's a bunch more that will go up on flickr at some point as well.

Bolt-01

What a weekend! Saturday was a complete smasher but Sunday was bobbins! Sales wise, that is.

It was a total treat to see John Wagner just wander along on Saturday AM and he even picked up a Death keyring from the Planet Replica stock we'd gotten hold of. Colin Macneil spent both afternoons sketching up a storm and the pages from Strange & Darke and DoC were astounding to see in the flesh.

We met loads of boarders, both old and new, but we think there are some around that might have been unaware of who we are so didn't speak and left before we got chance to say anything ourselves.

The saturday night feast was thoroughly awesome, and topped off by much dancing in the afterparty.

There is probably loads I've not mentioned, like the cardboard judges or seeing Anderson walking around, but I'm sure it'll come back to me later.

Roll on Cardiff!

Bolt-01

Oh, I'm liking that one. Do you mind if I nick it for the blog?

Steve Green

Proudhuff

Quote from: Steve Green on 19 November, 2012, 02:36:21 PM
She's put up a few photos taken at Thought Bubble on her modeling page.

https://www.facebook.com/IntegraAlt.Model

This is the closest I've come to signing up to facebook yet  :-[

DDT did a job on me

Pete Wells

Quote from: Steve Green on 19 November, 2012, 03:17:28 PM

and in the interests of balance

See, that's what I like about Steve, he put a picture of a beautiful model up so he had to put a sexy bloke for the ladies too...

Steve Green

Yep, I think it's the sexiest photo on the internet!

Dandontdare

wow, she's tiny in real life isn't she? Then again, anyone standing next to Pete...  ;)

Steve Green

Yeah, 5'2" - she really enjoyed herself, was ready to keep going while everyone else was de-kitting...