Main Menu

Sigh. Yet another TPO request...

Started by davidbishop, 09 August, 2006, 06:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

The fact it doesnt seem to have merged into any other comic is another sign of it being the one, though wasn't Scream dealt a similar fate, and that ended up in Eagle..?

Leigh S

Heres a link to a 1978 annual - so it was running since 1977 at least, though thats probably still new - the contents listing shown on the link below suggests it was more of a teeny "lifestyle" mag rather than a comic, which is probably why its hard to track any details on it

Link: http://www.tvannuals.co.uk/pink_78.htm" target="_blank">the past is another country

Leigh S

Seems like there may have been annuals stretching back to 1974 ebay might randomly throw up some clues? - looking at that logo, I'm sure I saw a huge bundle of those at the car boot a couple of months ago - should have picked them up!

Leigh S

Leigh S

davidbishop

Hmm, doesn't look much like a girls' comic to me...

Sigh. The quest goes on!

In other news, just completed an email interview with Roy Preston. He puts his hand up to also being Geoffrey Miller, Henry Miller (no, not THAT Henry Miller) and Oniano.

My exciting new fact for the day is that Preston took over as editor of Tornado when Gosnell quit the new launch. That I did not know...

davidbishop

Leigh S

If I get chance this week, I could check out the newspaper archive in Brum central library to try and find out when the strike actually took place, rather than when it started impacting on their ability to put out an edition?