Main Menu

FS: Judge Dredd badges

Started by Wake, 15 January, 2010, 04:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Carroll

Quote from: dangermouse3597 on 04 June, 2010, 09:29:28 PM
You know a personalised badge printed on a black T-shirt would look awesome I'm sure you'd sell tons of them!

That's an interesting idea... Those of you who attended this year's Hi-Ex charity auction might recall the t-shirt I was wearing when we were auctioning the Dredd belt-buckle. That was printed by on-line printing service Vistaprint, but it's not incredibly cheap. Two shirts, plus postage, VAT and the cost of uploading the image (yes, they charge for that) came to €34.99.

A single t-shirt, unfortunately, would be more than half that: probably €25 or more.
I'm sure there must be a cheaper way of doing it!

If anyone wants a personalised badge image so they can print it themselves, just get in touch. I'll need to know the required size in pixels (the image will be more or less square), and whether you want a white or black background. Or you can have a transparent background if you can use PNG images.

Of course, the badge image doesn't have to be straight-on: you can have it at any angle you like!

-- Mike

COMMANDO FORCES

I'm going to have a look at this T-Shirt printing site over the weekend Mike. You know it makes sense  ;)

dangermouse3597

Well the t-shirts start from £3.49 and the long sleeves from £6.99, obviously plus the printing etc. Looks good to me, I'll need to get more details from them.
Ken.

Mike Carroll

Aw, heck! I didn't spot this badge-makin' thread by Minty:
http://www.2000adonline.com/forum/index.php/topic,28523.0.html

Sorry, dude... I didn't mean to step on your turf!

-- Mike

Teivion

Dont forget Rymans (UK) and other computer shops will sell T-SHirt printing paper.
All you need to do is select your image, open it in a basic photo editing program and print it out according to the instructions, on a basic home printer.
You can then cut the shape out as needed, peel off the back and iron it onto pretty much any fabric based clothing.
I've made quite a few one-offs- my Flash Gordon logo t-shirt lasted about a year before it was covered in too much paint to bother with- the ink gradually fades but by the time this happens you will probably be bored of the t-shirt to really care !

dangermouse3597

For reference Vistaprint said 700 x 700 pixels which is a 4" x 4" print.
Ken.

dangermouse3597

I'm going to be a bloody nuisance and ask if you could do me one of your badges(on a black background) Sir as my avatar one isn't hi-res enough to put on a t-shirt. Thanks in advance.
Ken.