Main Menu

Continuing ...

Started by Jim_Campbell, 20 June, 2006, 03:31:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim_Campbell

... My loathing of the whole user experience that is Windows XP Pro ...

Does anyone know how to stop this bastard OS from popping up a self-congratulatory little message every fucking time I send a document to the printer? Yes, I know the document has been sent to the printer! The printer is eight feet from where I'm sitting. I can hear the document come out of the printer. When I send a document to the printer, I damn well expect it to come out of the printer I sent it to. Don't announce the fact like it's something you should be proud of, you pathetic piece of shit; you never offer a helpful explanation when the document doesn't come out of the printer ...

Gaah!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Jim_Campbell

Sorted now. All I had to do was follow these blindingly obvious steps:

Start->settings->printers & faxes

Right click in the window ? not on a printer.

Server Properties from that menu

Advanced tab, "Show informational notifications for..."

Well, gosh. I just don't know how I never figured that out for myself ...

Cheers!

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Quirkafleeg

Sorry, computer gliches/annoyances only count if they involve haunted telephones.

Art

Buttonman

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c118/button71/underconstruction.gif">

IndigoPrime

Welcome to the world of an operating system designed by engineers?OF COURSE it's obvious, because it's obvious to them!

That's one of the big differences between Windows and Mac OS X: the Mac only starts shoving dialogs in your face when something goes wrong, but Windows gets terribly excited when it does something right?every time.