Main Menu

Last movie watched...

Started by SmallBlueThing, 04 February, 2011, 12:40:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

Survivor - no-budget offspring of Hunger Games and After Earth.  Unlike most cash-ins it manages to use what's to hand and even makes an effort on occasion, but it's still trash that's as cheap as it looks and then some, further hampered by the presence of Kevin Sorbo, who we now know is a racist dickbag whose presence will now mean that whatever you are currently watching is ruined.  The lead actress' main claim to fame comes from starring in Osombie , Snow Beast, and Hunger Games fan-movies, yes - movies plural, so she's had plenty of practice doing this kind of thing for buttons, and it's mostly her running about stabbing Tusken Raiders for eighty minutes, but occasionally she stops and has a think, or Racist Hercules talks to her over the space phone offering encouragement that we sadly now know he wouldn't be offering if she was played by a black actress.  Fuck that guy.
It's alright, though.  It really does look super-cheap and the trailer does it no favors at all, but it passes the time pleasantly enough.

Daveycandlish

The Voices - a black comedy with Ryan Reynolds as a serial killer who follows instructions from his evil cat.

Quirky, funny, entertaining. Even the wife laughed at times.
An old-school, no-bullshit, boys-own action/adventure comic reminiscent of the 2000ads and Eagles and Warlords and Battles and other glorious black-and-white comics that were so, so cool in the 70's and 80's - Buy the hardback Christmas Annual!

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Bear "Bear" McBear (bear) on 24 March, 2015, 01:02:26 PM
Survivor - no-budget offspring of Hunger Games and After Earth.  Unlike most cash-ins it manages to use what's to hand and even makes an effort on occasion, but it's still trash that's as cheap as it looks and then some, further hampered by the presence of Kevin Sorbo, who we now know is a racist dickbag whose presence will now mean that whatever you are currently watching is ruined.  The lead actress' main claim to fame comes from starring in Osombie , Snow Beast, and Hunger Games fan-movies, yes - movies plural, so she's had plenty of practice doing this kind of thing for buttons, and it's mostly her running about stabbing Tusken Raiders for eighty minutes, but occasionally she stops and has a think, or Racist Hercules talks to her over the space phone offering encouragement that we sadly now know he wouldn't be offering if she was played by a black actress.  Fuck that guy.
It's alright, though.  It really does look super-cheap and the trailer does it no favors at all, but it passes the time pleasantly enough.

You do know that you are allowed to watch good films, don't you?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Buttonman

Mauvaise Graine From 1934, Billy Wilder's first film as director. Privileged kid hits hard times and falls in with a gang of car thieves. Good stuff!

Back to shite tonight with 'Eraser'.

Fungus

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 24 March, 2015, 07:27:37 PM
Quote from: Bear "Bear" McBear
it's still trash that's as cheap as it looks and then some

You do know that you are allowed to watch good films, don't you?

Like like like.
I struggle with this thread, you have shown me the reason why!  :D

Goaty

Tom Felton Meets the Superfans - as saw it on BBC3 last night, thought it was interested as Tom Felton meet many superfans, some was bit creepy, and meet many Cosplay fans at NEC, some Judge 2012 Cosplays was featured.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05nxgls/tom-felton-meets-the-superfans

Dark Jimbo

In Order of Dissapearance, 2014. A dark Norweigan thriller-comedy that would make for a cracker of a drinking game. A tactiturn snow-plougher's only son is killed by the mob, so he starts murdering his way up the chain of command to get to the boss who ordered the death. What he lacks in expierience he makes up for in determination, but things quickly get out of control and soon he's inadvertently sparked a gang war between his targets and the Albanian mob that starts to drag other bystanders into its orbit. Really good stuff.
@jamesfeistdraws

Professor Bear

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 24 March, 2015, 07:27:37 PMYou do know that you are allowed to watch good films, don't you?

I do, but you don't deserve to know about them.

Famous Mortimer

Quote from: Bear "Bear" McBear (bear) on 24 March, 2015, 01:02:26 PM
Damy you Sorbo! I'd been pondering a re-watch of Hercules and Xena, but knowing what a moron he is will make it more difficult to enjoy.

Death Race 2000

I'd put this in the top (number) of films from the 70s. It's really really good.

von Boom

Quote from: Famous Mortimer on 25 March, 2015, 04:11:12 PM

Damy you Sorbo! I'd been pondering a re-watch of Hercules and Xena, but knowing what a moron he is will make it more difficult to enjoy.

Death Race 2000

I'd put this in the top (number) of films from the 70s. It's really really good.

Top film. I remember seeing it as a kid. At that point I didn't know who Stallone was (no one did I think). I saw it again recently and while it's all rather juvenile, it was still juvenile fun.

Goaty

Addams Family Values, how they are so brilliant funny and quotes, even better than first film!

Young Girl: And then Mommy kissed Daddy, and the angel told the stork, and the stork flew down from heaven, and left a diamond under a leaf in the cabbage patch, and the diamond turned into a baby!
Pugsley: Our parents are having a baby, too.
Wednesday: They had sex.

TordelBack

Quote from: Goaty on 25 March, 2015, 09:56:21 PM
Pugsley: Our parents are having a baby, too.
Wednesday: They had sex.

I used to find this hilarious too.  Until my kids started saying it.

Buttonman

The Sound of Fury Down at heel family man falls in with bad company in the shape of Lloyd Bridges - pretty brutal stuff that's based on a true story. Worth a look!

Rog69

Quote from: Goaty on 24 March, 2015, 08:49:17 PM

Tom Felton Meets the Superfans - as saw it on BBC3 last night, thought it was interested as Tom Felton meet many superfans, some was bit creepy, and meet many Cosplay fans at NEC, some Judge 2012 Cosplays was featured.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05nxgls/tom-felton-meets-the-superfans

Thanks for posting that Goaty, I was at that con at the NEC with my Daughter (mad Harry Potter fan) and I didn't know this existed.

Bolt-01

I caught some of that last night and found it to be watchable. Saw some Judges very briefly.