Main Menu

Could we have a 2000AD 45th Anniversary bash?

Started by matty_ae, 14 June, 2021, 11:05:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

matty_ae

I know this is highly unlikely to be near the top of anyone's agenda
But is there a way to put on a 45th bash maybe by bringing in a partner company (who may run an existing type of convention)

My thinking is that it really did seem to bring old reader's back in to the fold.
And frankly the 50th seems such a long way.

I know it's a 'no' but maybe with a partner who was willing to take it on?

Buttonman

I think the 40th sold out and the hotel and bar did a great trade too. Demand is there from the punters - wonder if Tharg has the appetite? If it sways him one way or the other, I'm in!

Colin YNWA

I had a fantastic time at the 40th - in part due to many of the fine folks here - and would love to see another such event. You get the impression it was a lot of effort for not much (if any return) but if there was any possibility I'd be right up for it.

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: matty_ae on 14 June, 2021, 11:05:04 PM
But is there a way to put on a 45th bash maybe by bringing in a partner company (who may run an existing type of convention)

I think I just heard MOLCH-R's stress circuits burn out from here.  ;)
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 15 June, 2021, 06:10:09 AM
would love to see another such event.

The 40th event was literal lightning in a bottle - I cannot see it being replicated in future years due to the absence of creators and fans we have since lost, and those we could possibly lose before the 50th.

Barrington Boots

Maybe for the 45th we could just all meet in a park with a bag of cans and a picnic.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Link Prime

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 15 June, 2021, 11:40:28 AM
Maybe for the 45th we could just all meet in a park with a bag of cans and a picnic.

Now yer talking.

Tjm86

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 15 June, 2021, 11:40:28 AM

Would it be okay if I brought a Toffee Crisp?

Barrington Boots

Quote from: Tjm86 on 15 June, 2021, 03:52:43 PM

Are you going to bring one for everybody?
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Tjm86

Well, considering that somebody somewhere is eating one ...

Large48

[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

matty_ae

The 40th event was literal lightning in a bottle - I cannot see it being replicated in future years due to the absence of creators and fans we have since lost, and those we could possibly lose before the 50th.
[/quote]

I'd be willing to have a 45th with Kev O'Neil and Brian Bolland in attendance. They were obvious omissions. I agree 6 years is along time so I'd accept an event at an earlier year even if the centenary wasnt as prestigious...

Link Prime

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 15 June, 2021, 04:54:09 PM
Quote from: Tjm86 on 15 June, 2021, 03:52:43 PM

Are you going to bring one for everybody?

A Hershey might be welcome.

<Cough>

Proudhuff

Even a series of signings around the countries, not just in that place Italy beat. :lol:
DDT did a job on me

GordonR

Quote from: Proudhuff on 21 July, 2021, 12:58:13 PM
Even a series of signings around the countries, not just in that place Italy beat. :lol:

Because the record for attendance at 2000AD events outside of London isn't generally terrible?