Spoilers > Prog

Prog 2252 - Depth Charge!

<< < (2/4) > >>

norton canes:
Dear Tharg: Please release a compendium of the best Robinson/Teague covers.

The Amstor Computer:

--- Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 06 October, 2021, 11:08:57 AM ---He's always been really clear about that whenever it comes up. The second Indigo Prime volume from the UC goes into a lot of detail about what happened with the Smiths (Matt and John) and where everybody stands.

--- End quote ---

Really? I haven't been picking up the UC so that's passed me by entirely - what was said?

Dark Jimbo:

--- Quote from: The Amstor Computer on 06 October, 2021, 11:14:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 06 October, 2021, 11:08:57 AM ---He's always been really clear about that whenever it comes up. The second Indigo Prime volume from the UC goes into a lot of detail about what happened with the Smiths (Matt and John) and where everybody stands.

--- End quote ---

Really? I haven't been picking up the UC so that's passed me by entirely - what was said?

--- End quote ---

Well, to paraphrase a bit - Matt Smith explains that the first script for A Dying Art was delivered in July 2014. The second in October 2015. Then complete radio silence, and no reply to emails. In 2016 MS learned that JS had suffered a personal tragedy and gave him some breathing space. Conscious that he was sitting on 'the best part of three grand's worth of unpublished material', (Lee Carter had already done the art) MS tried to contact JS again from late 2016 onward, resorting to texts and postal letters. Everything went unanswered, so MS told JS that he's welcome to submit stories again any time but he has to give Indigo Prime to someone else to finish, and Devlin Waugh too (as JS had been promising the next DW story since 2008). At the end MS reiterates that JS would be welcome back any time, but that as far as he knows JS hasn't written a comic script since 2015 (which seems to be true).

norton canes:
Apologies if this has been mentioned already, but Judge Barrow is Geoff Barrow from Portishead, right? Also one half of the duo Drokk, who released 'Drokk: Music inspired by Mega-City One from the movie Dredd'.

JayzusB.Christ:

--- Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 07 October, 2021, 10:47:26 AM ---
--- Quote from: The Amstor Computer on 06 October, 2021, 11:14:27 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

Well, to paraphrase a bit - Matt Smith explains that the first script for A Dying Art was delivered in July 2014. The second in October 2015. Then complete radio silence, and no reply to emails. In 2016 MS learned that JS had suffered a personal tragedy and gave him some breathing space. Conscious that he was sitting on 'the best part of three grand's worth of unpublished material', (Lee Carter had already done the art) MS tried to contact JS again from late 2016 onward, resorting to texts and postal letters. Everything went unanswered, so MS told JS that he's welcome to submit stories again any time but he has to give Indigo Prime to someone else to finish, and Devlin Waugh too (as JS had been promising the next DW story since 2008). At the end MS reiterates that JS would be welcome back any time, but that as far as he knows JS hasn't written a comic script since 2015 (which seems to be true).

--- End quote ---

It's a shame; I really miss his stuff.  Both times I was on Eamonn's podcast I was talking about John's stuff - I always thought he was easily up there with the best in the business.  I mean, Mark Millar wrote Judge Frankenstein, and he's one of the most successful comic writers in the world.

Still, though, at least I can say that one of John's scripts was adapted into a blockbuster movie.  Though I preferred his version of Avatar.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version