General Chat > Books & Comics

Kiss His Cape..?

<< < (2/8) > >>

sheridan:

--- Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 12 October, 2021, 10:41:15 AM ---
--- Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 12 October, 2021, 10:12:22 AM ---Makes sense for Supes to be bi, I think. Given the way Kryptonians reproduce by some kind of cloning (?) process, their society would have no need to enforce, encourage, or endorse strict or even prevalent heterosexuality. Some good and thoughtful stories could stem from this aspect of Superman's inherited culture clashing with his adopted one. Bravo, DC.

--- End quote ---

It's the son of Superman and Lois that's bi, not the original Clark Kent supes, so I'm not sure how much inherited Kryptonian culture he'd have, but your point's a good one.

--- End quote ---

Original supes would have inherited culture entirely from those crystal things anyway, as they weren't conscious of their surroundings when they left Krypton.

The Legendary Shark:

Oops, sorry - I didn't click the link and just assumed this was a reboot.

Mister Pops:

--- Quote from: Colin YNWA on 12 October, 2021, 07:57:54 AM ---The reaction has been depressingly predictable from some corners of fandom.

Though of course we should celebrate the fact its been embraced by other. Tom Taylor (current writer) was on BBC Breakfast briefly this morning too. I think an extract from an interview elsewhere.

One day this won't even be news, but while it needs to be to shift mindsets lets embrace the slow progress.

--- End quote ---

If you were a cynical person you might think that making headlines was the motivation behind this. You might even cynically think this is just an attempt to stoke up social media  "discussion" for free publicity.

A less cynical person might think that's fair enough, it's a business and making money is their priority, so it's nice they can do that by making minorities more visible.

JayzusB.Christ:
The big surprise for me is that someone else is Superman now.  What happened to Clark Kent?  I mean, I suppose I could read the comics, but... nahh.

The Legendary Shark:

Didn't he catch cancer off the sun or something?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version