General Chat > Film & TV

Accident Man 2

(1/5) > >>

rogue69:
Filming has begun on the sequel to Scott Adkin's 2018 film Accident Man based on Pat Mill's story
Scott Adkins will be back playing Mike Fallon, Ray Stevenson and Perry Benson are returning as assassins Big Ray and Finicky Fred. Accident Man 2 will also bring aboard Jackie Chan Stunt Team veteran Andy Long Nguyen as Oyumi (Nguyen will also serve as fight choreographer), along with martial artists Beau Fowler as Poco The Killer Clown and Sarah Chang as Wong Siu-ling.

https://screenrant.com/accident-man-2-sequel-news-updates-story-cast/?fbclid=IwAR0x__Khc1L0w4Y101aBIizVynvXKhnfZW3Lh_ibE6HmrA33gq0NJU8VkDI

GordonR:
Great. Will Martin Emond be getting his rightful credit on this one, or will Accident Man again uniquely be a comic character created by two writers without the involvement of a comic artist?

IndigoPrime:
But Gordon: surely with Mills’s ongoing crusade about creator rights, in which he constantly slams Rebellion for any such issues, he couldn’t have under any circumstances let it stand that Emond wasn’t credited in the first film? And I can only assume if such a thing happened without his consent, he must have written blog posts about that grave injustice and won’t have anything to do with sequels?

GordonR:
I did directly ask Pat on social media about the lack of any credit for Martin and accompanying proper profit share for his family, and he replied with some weak shite about the producers not wanting too many names in the credits.

Of course. It seemed strange that the champion of only his own creator rights and originator of all those devastating Mills Bombs dropped on bullshit-spouting editors and publishers would meekly accept such an arrangement, but there you go.

Jim_Campbell:

--- Quote from: GordonR on 21 November, 2021, 08:03:44 PM ---Of course. It seemed strange that the champion of only his own creator rights and originator of all those devastating Mills Bombs dropped on bullshit-spouting editors and publishers would meekly accept such an arrangement, but there you go.

--- End quote ---

'Uncle' Pat's championing of creators' rights has never extended to artists. You only have to look at his career and ask yourself how long any of his long-running strips would have lasted if he'd extended his own "no one works on this but me" position to his co-creators (the artists) to see that almost none of his creations would have got past the first series. It's abundantly apparent that he doesn't consider the artist an equal co-creator. I have a word for someone like that, and it's REDACTED.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version