2000 AD > News

Watchmen

(1/4) > >>

Matt:
Forget whose going to be playing Dredd in the forthcoming movies and get a load of this. The mother of all comic books is finally coming to the big screen. X-men scribe David Hayter and Darren Aronofsky have produced THE script for a 2 hour adaptation of Watchmen. Although several attempts have been made in the past this one is on track for production. The project was cast in doubt after Sept 11th (check the ending of the book) but the producers are even more determined  to continue with the film as ultimately "..all that does is reinforce the truth behind the story." Can't wait.

20-Phfor-7:
Well, as long as the fillum's closer to the book than From Hell is said to be from *its* source.

Beats me why people bother adapting one medium to another if they're not going to get it broadly right...

But then I'm probably one of the (very) few folk who liked the Dredd movie... Ahem.

20-Phfor-7:
Well, as long as the fillum's closer to the book than From Hell is said to be from *its* source.

Beats me why people bother adapting one medium to another if they're not going to get it broadly right...

But then I'm probably one of the (very) few folk who liked the Dredd movie... Ahem. So who am I to complain?

Mk13:
Interesting. I loved Pi and Requiem for a Dream, so I'm intrigued to see what Aronofsky can do with Watchmen.

I'm slightly worried he's writing it with David Hayter though, as though X-Men was good, it wasn't anything more than a dumb, fun action movie. Admittedly, you can get away with that for the X-Men, but dumbing down Watchmen would be a massively stupid thing to do.

Anyone know if Aronofsky is doing Watchmen before or after Batman?

Mk13:
From what I've heard, From Hell is close to its source as far as it goes, but there was only a certain amount of Moore's labyrinthine story they could get into one film and still appeal to the public as a thriller.

Watchmen is much more straightforward - as long as they don't remove all the aging superhero stuff and turn them into young, muscly meatheads. But they wouldn't do that, would they? Oh, I'm forgetting, this is Hollywood we're talking about...

Roll on the movie of V for Vendetta is what I say...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version