Main Menu

The future sounds interesting...

Started by Leigh S, 31 January, 2002, 11:38:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

The watcher has cast his astral self into the future (and not in any way read Previews), to bring the following predictions....

Bad Company series one to be reprinted in the Meg, starting either issue 8 or 9.  There is also a very interesting sounding multi-part feature about the secret history of 2000AD - is this why Rebellion were trying to contact the writers of the Mega History I wonder?

Over in 2000AD (1285-1288) we have Dredd in 'Escape from Atlantis', while Sinister Dexter travel to Greater Britain, and Dante and Telguuth return

Mk13

>is this why Rebellion were trying to contact the writers of the Mega History I wonder?

Nope, we were considering producing an updated anniversary edition. Unfortunately, the original creators were nowhere to be seen, so that has been back-burnered for now.

2000AD Online

You'll have excuse someone who has strayed from the fold but why is the Megazine reprinting so much stuff these days? And are royalties being paid? And will the Watcher turn out to have been the Doctor all along?

Alan Barnes

>Bad Company series one to be reprinted in >the Meg, starting either issue 8 or 9. There is >also a very interesting sounding multi-part >feature about the secret history of 2000AD - >is this why Rebellion were trying to contact >the writers of the Mega History I wonder?

No, completely separate project -- this was the first thing I commissioned when I came on board. In the first part, you'll be able to see a truckload of pages from the original 2000 AD dummy -- unused artwork from Dan Dare, Harlem Heroes, MACH 1, The Visible Man and Shako!, plus Invasion! with Russians, not Volgans. It's all terribly exciting.

With the handover, a few meaningful details of upcoming issues didn't make various of the trade mag deadlines, so (if anyone's interested), 4.9 also features a brutally funny 15-page Dredd by John Wagner and Peter Doherty called 'Dead Lost', the start of a new Aztec-flavoured Missionary Man 5-parter by Gordon Rennie and John Ridgway, the first chunk of Bad Company and the penultimate episode of Wardog. Pending contracts and other stuff, there'll be something new in the Beyond 2000 slot from 4.10; a new series with a very different take on an established 2000 favourite from 4.11; ... and we plan to add a fourth new strip to the line-up in the early summer. Hope you enjoy.

Hello, everyone, by the way. Can't promise to drop in every day, but I am lurking ...

Alan

Thread Zero

Hi Alan,

Nice to see you here! Good luck with the meg.

Oh yeah...if you need a new writer for the meg, email me!

scojo the cheeky

paulvonscott

Hey, it does sound good, I may have to start getting it.

Leigh S

I have to say, the feature sounds brilliant - does this include the Mach 1 page where Probe pulls a terrorists arms off?!  

I would love to see the entire 'prog zero' reprinted - perhaps a story a month?

Leigh S

I've just finished running around in circles squealing with sad fanboy excitement at the future of the Meg - a move to 4 original stories - the different take on an established character (so long as it's not a Millar/Fleischer different take!)?  

All that we need now is the return of the daily star Dredds - as DW mags ex-editor, you can surely see the parallels between the DSD and the missing Doctor Who episodes?

2000AD Online

DSD? Sounds more like something the titular one should be curing rather than finding.

esoteric ed

"Unused artwork form 1976/77", I think I'll cry if I see that... I was only talking to my local newsagent last week about the forthcoming Anniversary and how I bought my first (still bagged) edition of 2000AD from her shop back in 77 when old Bill used to own the place... he's passed on now, but a quarter of a century already... yikes... you younger fans here make the most of it, lol.

RIP "Bill Owen"

Ed