Main Menu

2000 AD ART STARS - HALO JONES

Started by CrazyFoxMachine, 17 July, 2019, 08:24:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

It's been a rare pleasure to see all the great art. I prefer renditions of Halo where she's not holding a gun as (aside from becoming a solider in Book III), she wasn't a gun-toter.

These are my favorites of all the wonderful art on offer:

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

I've just realised that the design behind her in your top middle one is The Hoop. Brilliant.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

CrazyFoxMachine

There's still lots more that haven't yet been seen - you've only just glimpsed the tip of the iceberg!

Thanks for your kind words though!

Time for more  :D

Gavin Ross -- Halo Jones

CrazyFoxMachine

CrazyFoxMachine

BREAKING NEWS

Tharg the Mighty has chosen his winner, the glorious Dan Chase Halo picture will be seen within the pages of 2000 AD itself in the near future :O

There are details of the two runners-up in the Geek Syndicate news story here: http://www.geeksyndicate.co.uk/comics-2/comic-news/2000ad-reveals-winner-of-its-art-stars-competition/

We'll be announcing a new competition soon - and also sharing all the other fantastic Halo entries that we haven't yet seen on this thread/the FB page over the next few days ☺️

Thank you so much to all who entered and made the Halo theme one of the most memorable and varied so far....!

TordelBack

Excellent choices for winner, runner-up and hon. mensh - can't have been easy to choose, so congrats all! And many, many thanks to Owen for keeping this one flowing, it's been great.

JayzusB.Christ

Well done all.  First and second place are exactly as i'd chosen too.  Honourable mention well deserved as well . Now let's see Dan Chase do a prog cover!

EDIT: And I've just noticed The Hoop in the winning pic too! Truly arsom
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Rogue Judge

Absolutely the best choice for first prize. What a great comp! Looking forward to seeing what's next.

broodblik

Congratulations...

It must have been a real difficult choice with so many great pieces.  :thumbsup:
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Tjm86

Outstanding choice.  The quality of what was submitted this time round really was something special but I think that real credit has to go to everyone who submitted anything after the winning entry was submitted.  It set the bar incredibly high at such an early stage in the process.

Dandontdare

My pick for the best got runner up, but the winner is truly gorgeous.

RaggedMan

The winner is gorgeous in that retro sci-fi poster way. I've only just realised that it tells the story of Halo's journey from the Hoop via the Clara Pandy and Toby's attack to the war in a very skilfull leading of the eye. So it has a real emotional punch as well.

Tiplodocus

Everybody did great with some interesting takes but that's a worthy winner.

Out of interest, does anybody know where the name Clara Pandy came from? All I can think.of is a mashup of silent era stars Clara Bow and Louise Brooks (PANDora's Box). But that's me clutching...
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

TordelBack

Para Handy?  Is that just (rather good) speculationising, or has the Magus ever offered it up?

I'd always vaguely thought of Tonypandy as inspiration,  what with riots looming over her fate. Although obviously in the comic itself Clara Pandy is a named for a famous woman of Brinna's acquaintance. (Others long for Book IV,  I pine for a Young Brinna prequel).