Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Christov

New terrifying theory; Assange is made of ham and goes dogging on the weekends.

The Legendary Shark

"Murdoch's power grab: Jeremy Hunt is not impartial.

"Sign the petition to demand an impartial investigation by the Competition Commission.

"The petition text:

"David Cameron, Nick Clegg, and Jeremy Hunt,

"We are standing up for due process and a fair future for media in the UK.

"If Vince Cable isn't impartial to make decisions about the BSkyB takeover, neither is Jeremy Hunt. Jeremy Hunt is an outspoken supporter of Rupert Murdoch.

"We demand that Jeremy Hunt passes Ofcom's report straight to the competition commission for a full-scale investigation, without political interference."

http://www.38degrees.org.uk/page/s/Jeremy-Hunt-not-impartial#petition

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Peter Wolf

"Rather than worry about Rupert Murdoch owning another TV channel, what we should recognise is that he has probably done more to create variety and choice in British TV than any other single person because of his huge investment in setting up Sky TV, which, at one point, was losing several million pounds a day.

We would be the poorer and wouldn't be saying that British TV is the envy of the world if it hadn't been for him being prepared to take that commercial risk. We need to encourage that kind of investment." - Jeremy Hunt.

Even the name sounds like cockney rhyming slang along the same lines as James blunt.

You dont have to look very hard to realise that Jeremy Hunt is Rupert Murdochs paid off pet poodle politician.

It wasnt Sky that made UK TV/broadcasting the envy of the world as the BBC and various other UK produced TV did that and the statement is baseless and disingenuous and should be disregarded or even better retracted as its not only a statement that attempts to distract and divert the topic away from monopolies but the statement as a whole is an apology for Rupert Murdoch.Its also a defence of Rupert Murdoch and its also insinuating that the UK as a whole owes something to Murdoch because of previous investment.Sky TV should not even be categorised as "British TV" as all Sky did was offer more choice if you were prepared to pay for it.

"Rather than worry"

Yes dont worry about Rupert Murdoch and monopolies.Shut up about Rupert Murdoch and be grateful for what you are given.

It sounds like a foregone conclusion to me but i dont care because i dont subscribe to Sky.

Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Christov

Doesn't SKY television basically consist of American stuff and the football?

TordelBack

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 28 December, 2010, 07:51:19 PM
"We would be the poorer and wouldn't be saying that British TV is the envy of the world if it hadn't been for him being prepared to take that commercial risk. "

As part of the world that envies British TV, I can assure you that Sky has nothing to do with it.   Cheeses fucking crust, I'm starting to think your current government has the potential to be as bad as ours. 

No, I don't really mean it, nothing could be that bad.

JOE SOAP

Have we ever had Government TB? Before the current Kleptocrats, it was Rome Rule rather than Home Rule and before that the last of old school Empire.

When all the current incumbents are finally washed away -that generation of hangers-on who've been bleeding us since the 70's- maybe then we can actually start a Government or even better a proper society. It'll be in the hands of the millenial genration then.

At least in terms of drama, Brit-telly is no longer the envy of the world that now lies with the Yanks, but it still trumps the competition in other genres.

TordelBack

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 29 December, 2010, 01:51:27 PM
Have we ever had Government TB? Before the current Kleptocrats, it was Rome Rule rather than Home Rule and before that the last of old school Empire.

So painfully true.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 December, 2010, 02:03:21 PM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 29 December, 2010, 01:51:27 PM

So painfully true.

Thirded.  Wonder who we'll be asking to piss down our necks and tell us it's raining next?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Peter Wolf

Quote from: TordelBack on 29 December, 2010, 01:44:14 PM
Quote from: Peter Wolf on 28 December, 2010, 07:51:19 PM
"We would be the poorer and wouldn't be saying that British TV is the envy of the world if it hadn't been for him being prepared to take that commercial risk. "

As part of the world that envies British TV, I can assure you that Sky has nothing to do with it.   Cheeses fucking crust, I'm starting to think your current government has the potential to be as bad as ours. 

No, I don't really mean it, nothing could be that bad.

They are all scum and they all have the potential to be as bad as each other.Look at what is going on in the US with the Obama administration.I challenge anyone to name a govt in the West that is worse than than that cesspool of corrupt Globalist/NWO control freak degenerates.

We are living in a Kleptocracy/Corporatocracy/Thugocracy that no longer represents any of our interests and the longer everyone tolerates it the worse it will get and we all have front row seats to sit and watch civilisation and society decline into a culture of mediocrity and tyranny that is driven by greed and corruption and stupidity and all of the other negative aspects of human nature.

God help us all.

The Conservative/LibDem Coalition in the UK is a total sham as well as Conservatives are no longer Conservatives and what you have now in the UK is a two party system whose political ideology is virtually identical which amounts to a one party system.

Its not government its governance.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 29 December, 2010, 03:16:21 PM

Its not government its governance.

No, it's management, governance -suggesting affairs of state, organization, regulation, policy- has nothing to do with it.

The Legendary Shark

It's geopolitics is what it is. All of us under the control of the same banks, the same corporations, the same rules, the same ideologies and the same people. This is only a few steps away. 2011 may well be the new 1984.

Support the wars.
Be vigilant against terrorism.
Trust the TV.
Consume.
Consume.
Consume.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Peter Wolf

Trust the govt
Love the govt
Be a stateist
Dont question authority
Live in fear of those in authority
Love your servitude
Feel disenfranchised and disempowered and worthless and isolated
Be scared of Muslims
Spy and snitch on each other
Support and pay the CO2 life taxes
Live in denial and pretend everything is alright
Eat junk food and chemical laced GM food
Allow yourself to be scammed and hoodwinked and deceived
Laugh at and belittle and ridicule others who speak the plain truth
Support Globalism
Take your pharaceuticals and get your vaccination shots
Drink poisoned tapwater

Article :

http://uruknet.info/?p=m73331&hd=&size=1&l=e

TordelBack

Quote from: Peter Wolf on 29 December, 2010, 04:02:21 PM
Drink poisoned tapwater

Chance'd be a fine thing round here.  Did it snow in the last month?  Why yes, it did.  Forget running water then you greedy wasteful peasants.

JOE SOAP

Should've saved some snow.

I, Cosh

We never really die.