Main Menu

Which One Should I be With???????

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 25 April, 2015, 10:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CheechFU

Quote from: Keef Monkey on 27 April, 2015, 04:49:27 PM
You could get a game console. Not being funny, I know there are a great many pros and cons of PC gaming over console gaming (I do both) but given all the problems and complications you have with PC games it would probably be a good move.

Then you could just switch it on and play games.
Editing a games config file is hardly a problem or a complication. That's like one of the first things practically every PC gamer does, "what settings can I bugger with, where's the config junk and where are the mods".

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 27 April, 2015, 12:03:48 PM
Concerning Skyrim on Steam. I'm playing the legendary-Edition.

How do you get the keyboard to work with this game. There isn't any apparent way to get this done.

There is no option for this in the title menu and when I google this I could find any of the file I was meant to delete or alter to get this done either.

Has anybody had this problem as well with the same game?

Unplug your controller. Seriously - it determines if you have a controller at start up and locks out the keyboard if you do. At least, it did for me.
Lock up your spoons!

Woolly

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 29 April, 2015, 12:33:11 AM
Unplug your controller. Seriously - it determines if you have a controller at start up and locks out the keyboard if you do. At least, it did for me.

^^This^^

It catches me out every time. Luckily you don't have to reboot the game, just unplug the controller.

ThryllSeekyr

The only controller I have is a mouse.

I don't have any console controller that works with my PC.

Woolly

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 29 April, 2015, 04:56:13 AM
The only controller I have is a mouse.

I don't have any console controller that works with my PC.

In that case, it might be worth asking the Bethesda forums for help.
http://forums.bethsoft.com/forum/180-pc/

radiator

Anyone else consistently disappointed that this thread isn't about a romantic dilemma as the title suggests?

Richmond Clements

Quote from: radiator on 30 April, 2015, 06:43:22 PM
Anyone else consistently disappointed that this thread isn't about a romantic dilemma as the title suggests?

I'm actually relieved it isn't...

CheechFU

God damnit. I already explained this shit.

find the file called SkyrimPrefs.ini, there's 2 of them, one in documents/mygames and another in skyrim/skyrim.
open those in notepad, not the game because that would be incredibly stupid.
find the line that says
bGamepadEnable=1
and change that to
bGamepadEnable=0

If that doesn't work then disable steam overlay
If that doesn't work open the game then alt tab to minimise the game then maximise the game

why would you not even search google for this?

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 30 April, 2015, 07:09:28 PM
Quote from: radiator on 30 April, 2015, 06:43:22 PM

I'm actually relieved it isn't...

Now, I'm regretting my word choices there and should have left it at.....

Which One?

Otherwise, I'm wondering if those other preferences you mentioned there might be greater a game in itself???

Quote from: Cheech-FuGod damnit. I already explained this shit.

find the file called SkyrimPrefs.ini, there's 2 of them, one in documents/mygames and another in skyrim/skyrim.
open those in notepad, not the game because that would be incredibly stupid.
find the line that says
bGamepadEnable=1
and change that to
bGamepadEnable=0

If that doesn't work then disable steam overlay
If that doesn't work open the game then alt tab to minimise the game then maximise the game

why would you not even search google for this?

Well, I'm just having problems locating those folders/files....

Found the one in Documents, (Did what you said!) but not the other one.

So, I hope your solution worx for me. (Fingers-Crossed!)

Sorry, about my stupidity, but some a lot of the game filer/folders on this computer are harder to find or even non-existent, since the larger One and a Half Terabyte drive is not the main while the other one which is mere hundred or so Gigabytes is.

Because of this, I am constantly shifting game and other Apt files almost fill the default one. (Which is the one which is the Solid-State-Drive!) So, I'm constantly shifting these to the larger one after they almost completely fill it. So, I reckon, my computer sometimes slips a few folder in places I can't readily find them easier enough. You know, so folder have become so mixed up after the shifting them back and forth over and other again. It's possibly caused some confusion when I install games from Steam since I began doing that!

I do Google-Searching for solutions, but most of the time it will only give me the most numerous answers based other platforms for the game I'm enquiring about.  You know how it is when your typing in the description of what you want searched exactly and the more words you use, the less fruit full the search is.

I also tried their own forums, but the navigation is very daunting there, so much so, I then decided to just leave the searching for a answer to my problem and play another game. . Just for now.

ThryllSeekyr

It works fine now.

I can use the mouse to click on options and for controlling my avatar's direction while I keep my finger on w to go forward. greats tuff and thanx again.

Now to tackle the problem with Secret World.

Emp

The problem with The Secret World is that it loses it edge quickly. What starts of as a Cthulhu-esqu game degenerates into the usual chore of "kill x of these" or "bring me x of these". I played all factions and preferred the Illuminatai and Templars but really, after a while it doesn't really matter

ThryllSeekyr

ThryllSeekyr

Gees,  still haven't been able to solve this authentication error I have been getting. Something to do with the case sensitivity of it when I use my password.

I've been using the open they keep giving me and the one I have ben resetting it to. 

You know how long it's ben since I have brought the game on Steam.

Funcom's forums don't even let you post anything on them unless you have gained the privileges.

It's bit of vicous circle.

Anybody have a clue about this at all?