Main Menu

EBay-UK Tharg signed letter late 70's early 80's

Started by EddieHitler, 22 August, 2018, 02:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EddieHitler

I was wondering if anyone had caught the auction on Ebay for a late 70's early 80's signed letter congratulating the recipient on winning a postal order?  It sold for just over £50!  Not bad...

I have a letter from Big E from circa 1979.  I wrote to him complaining I had not been able to obtain issue number 3 of Tornado and asked if I could have a copy please I also included the money for it.  A lot latter when I had by then given up on Tornado somewhere around issue 6 I received a very kind letter, typed, in the post with issue number 3 and the free gift!  It was signed Big E but I suspect it was probably one of the typist or whoever else managed the post/subscriptions.  I still have the letter and the comic but not the free gift.... 

sheridan

Quote from: EddieHitler on 22 August, 2018, 02:56:22 PM
I was wondering if anyone had caught the auction on Ebay for a late 70's early 80's signed letter congratulating the recipient on winning a postal order?  It sold for just over £50!  Not bad...

I have a letter from Big E from circa 1979.  I wrote to him complaining I had not been able to obtain issue number 3 of Tornado and asked if I could have a copy please I also included the money for it.  A lot latter when I had by then given up on Tornado somewhere around issue 6 I received a very kind letter, typed, in the post with issue number 3 and the free gift!  It was signed Big E but I suspect it was probably one of the typist or whoever else managed the post/subscriptions.  I still have the letter and the comic but not the free gift.... 

I'm sure if somebody has an autograph of Big E's human alter-ego we'd be able to compare, er, 'i's (both names have 'B', 'G', and 'E', but not in the same case!)

Proudhuff

Guy at work told me about this, butt I won't part with my letters from TMO...
DDT did a job on me

EddieHitler

I will scan it and put it on the site next week if anyone is interested, bored or even old enough to remember?

When did I become such a nerdy old fart?  :)

Proudhuff

Do it! That's the kind of stuff we thrive on🤓
DDT did a job on me

EddieHitler

I got round to it eventually....well I thought I had but still too big so will try at weekend........sorry...it will happen!!!  bet you cant wait? :D

sheridan

Quote from: EddieHitler on 30 August, 2018, 10:50:45 AM
I got round to it eventually....well I thought I had but still too big so will try at weekend........sorry...it will happen!!!  bet you cant wait? :D

Trying to push up demand by making us wait, eh?  Sneaky!

EddieHitler

Ta da!!!  Im such a tease.  Thank you ladies and gentlemen!

EddieHitler

Not as exciting as the 2000ad letterhead but then again it had a short life so maybe the stationary never got sorted?

EddieHitler

Why can you view the letter when only signed in? Sorry