Main Menu

Prog 2310 - High Plains Shifter

Started by broodblik, 30 November, 2022, 04:38:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

The 10 post drought has broken, but no 2310 or 2311 (just bills and chritmas cards!)

Glad I bought a copy yesterday - don't like to put the onus on Tharg to sort out a problem not of his making, but dont like to let it go off sale and make it a mission to replace if it doesnt turn up!

Review to follow from the shop copy!

norton canes

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 06 December, 2022, 10:26:57 AM
Quote from: norton canes on 05 December, 2022, 05:34:49 PM
Quote from: Bad City Blue on 05 December, 2022, 01:54:59 PM
Dredd – I fondly remember the original so it's a nice callback and a good start with excellent art

The original? Tell me more!

Very early 80s I think, I can't locate it. Cliff Robinson art (so similar to Austin's style), basically as described in the current story

Oh, the one where the two guys fight and Dredd doesn't break it up immediately because he's enjoying it too much?

But like you say that was 40-odd years ago, prog-time - and therefore Dredd-time too? Yet here, the guy's just out after a 17 stretch.

Have I misunderstood something..?

Leigh S

That story was George Michael Vs Andrew RidgeleyBlock IIRC, so this is another fight.

That and the use of Gribligs is making me think that Neimand isnt so much a pseudonym for Rennie, but an actual AI that has been fed the first 10 years of Wagner Grant and is churning out effective homages - if they can do it for art, then surely you could do it for scripts?

Tomontherun94

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Tomwe

Should have checked here before posting in the Prog Drought thread. Count me #15,  nothing since 2309.

oshii

oshii

The Monarch

yeah i am also missing like two weeks worth of progs its shocking

Barrington Boots

No Progs delivered today, posties striking again tomorrow so that's two weeks late minimum on 2310 and a week on 2311.
Fully behind all our striking workers. Would love a prog though.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

broodblik

Why not go temporary digital until this issue with the postal services is resolved? I do not have the patience to wait
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Bad City Blue

Quote from: Leigh S on 07 December, 2022, 01:29:23 PM
That story was George Michael Vs Andrew RidgeleyBlock IIRC, so this is another fight.

That and the use of Gribligs is making me think that Neimand isnt so much a pseudonym for Rennie, but an actual AI that has been fed the first 10 years of Wagner Grant and is churning out effective homages - if they can do it for art, then surely you could do it for scripts?

very odd, as the description of the original fight is pretty much identical
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there