Main Menu

Prog drought!

Started by Leigh S, 11 October, 2020, 03:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Yeah the X-Mas Phoenix landed at ours yesterday and now just the X-Mas Prog to go... hopefully they're coming everyones way...

M.I.K.

2010 has arrived here, so that's all my progs accounted for.

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 22 December, 2022, 12:27:23 PM
(just – the Meg bag was open, but the Meg was somehow still inside) .

Same here when it turned up yesterday.

Colin YNWA

So it turns out Royal Mail are in cahoots with ebay. Arrive back today and both my sub Prog 2312 and my ebay back up 2312 landed at the same time. This is the second time this has happened, the same thing occurred with Prog 2310.

They are trying to cover their tricks as back up Prog 2311 landed today as well, a couple of days after sub 2311... but I mean it paper thin cover and I see right through it.

So anyway in summary have a full set of sub Progs and back up Progs now... so if after X-Mas folks are still short I have spares.

moly

Any announcement on the Xmas Meg being made available for subscribers online as Royal Mail are now on strike tomorrow and Christmas Eve

Colin YNWA

Yep that came out a couple of days ago. I got an email shortly after seeing it on Facebook.

moly

Great will contact them looks like the annual rebellion screwing up my annual sub up is happening again

Leigh S

I'm on Tharg's naughty list all year round, so inevitably no prog for me, but good to see others progs turning up!

Having gone into the main WHSmith in Brum and found no 2312s, I chickened out and bought an illicit copy from under the counter at FP!

So if mine ever do turn up, I will have a full backup set for any unfortunate squaxx who needs them

scrotnig

I'm now only missing 2312 (Christmas Prog).

This week 2310, 2311 and Meg 451 all appeared.

A word for Rebellion here....we've had the Covid mess and they never missed a beat, now we've had the strike chaos and us print subscribers have access to the digital editions....so I won't miss my Christmas Prog "fix".

They've done really well here despite the issues being entirely outside their control. Bravo!

IndigoPrime

Agreed. Rebellion has always done all right by me, and sending subscribers digital copies was smart. Not all publishers are like this.

Leigh S

I think its also worth pointing out how good the Royal Mail was during the Pandemic, the resultant chaos of them going on strike showing just how much we take the service for granted and its the people who make or break any business.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Nothing for me since 2309.
Lock up your spoons!

Batman's Superior Cousin

I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Leigh S

Still nothing since 2309 here - simultaneously relieved I bought some shop copies and perturbed that I'm never going to see them (or the Meg).  I understand a week or two or three delay, despite other post making it through - but over a month now for 2310? 

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Leigh S on 29 December, 2022, 06:17:41 PM
Still nothing since 2309 here - simultaneously relieved I bought some shop copies and perturbed that I'm never going to see them (or the Meg).  I understand a week or two or three delay, despite other post making it through - but over a month now for 2310?

This is my sentiment. I honestly think that something has gone wrong, badly wrong, with the subs and the postal strike is masking it. No other mail is a month overdue. And to miss one letter is unlucky. I am missing four (2310, 11, 12 and the Meg). That's not right. That's not a strike.

The longest anything else has been overdue is about four days. There is something odd going on with the prog
Lock up your spoons!

blixab

I've received today all my outstanding issues 2310, 2311, 2312 & the Meg.

Royal Mail have been delivering other mail in the days between the strikes just looks as though subscriber copies have been left till last. Others in my extended family are missing other subscriber magazines so it's not just Rebellion by the looks of it.

Hope this note may alleviate some peoples concerns on here.