sheridan

sheridan

2000AD Prog 190: "Gonna hang ya Alpha... Hang ya HIGH!"

I see robots.  I see big robots.

I also see a colour centrespread map!

sheridan

sheridan

2000AD Prog 192: "Splundig vur ho, ho, ho!"

Betelgeusian christmas greetings are rather similar to Polish ones.

Project X looms - but I can't remember what it is, if it actually does come to anything - this is the year that the Judge Dredd Boardgame* was published, and that Dredd started in the Daily Star**.

*As seen on Labyrinth
**Though that was dumped on editorial by management at the last minute, so it can't be that.

sheridan

2000AD Prog 193: Judge Dredd – Voted Britain's top comic character!

Judge Dredd presents a mystery antagonist - who is The Fink?  (yes, I know we all know now).

sheridan

2000AD Prog 194: 1981 is the Year of the Alien!

The history of street football.  Turns out that the Fink is the [spoiler]fifth member of the Angel Gang[/spoiler].

sheridan

2000AD Prog 195: Return to Armageddon

It's all about nudity and eating (of the cannibalistic variety) in both Strontium Dog and Meltdown Man.

sheridan

sheridan

sheridan

Fungus

Yeah the Tharg stories worked just fine at the time, this one and others tickled a young Squaxx brain - including mine. We didn't even get the in-jokes... good example of tales never intended to be analysed and released in multiple formats, ad nauseum .......  🤔

sheridan

sheridan

2000AD Prog 200 Let the reading galaxy celebrate! "I, Tharg, bring you future-worlds!"

Prog 200 - not a jumping-on prog, with mostly continuing stories, except for one.  The tale of Kreelmans Nelson Bunker and John.

sheridan