Main Menu

DV Handycam Query

Started by Rio De Fideldo, 05 October, 2005, 05:37:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rio De Fideldo

I have recently bought a Sony DV Handycam. The bloke in the shop reckoned that I would be able to transfer the images to a computer, edit them and then burn them onto DVD.

So far I have only been able to use Windows Movie Maker to edit them however this doesn't give me the option to burn DVDs only Video CDS which I cannot play on my DVD player as it does not have HighMat capability. Or something.

I know I'm clutching at straws here but does any whizz kid know where I'm going wrong. Do I need to buy more software?

Wake

Does your computer have a DVD writer?

Cheers,

Wake

Rio De Fideldo

Yes I have a DVD writer. I also have Nero Express installed.

I tried using this to burn a DVD however it says I need Nero Vision Express to reauthor the Window Movie Maker files before I can burn using Nero Express.

CraveNoir

Seems you just need to convert to the MPEGII format. Take a look at http://www.dvd-guides.com/content/view/33/59/">this process, particularly step 4.

Being a bit of a tech-head I was asked to put together a DVD of my neice's wedding the other week and, after researching the process and looking at software, found Ulead DVD Movie Factory to be a godsend. It encoded the video straight from the camera which meant I didn't need 25GB of free space for two hours of footage. It also let me create chapters and menus with ease, and when encoding the DVD files ready to be burned adjusted the final encoding bitrate to ensure all the footage would fit. I'd recommend it. It's quite straight forward and very powerful.

Rio De Fideldo

Ican't download any of the codec, whatever they are