Main Menu

Forthcoming Thrills - 2021

Started by Dash Decent, 14 August, 2020, 12:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Quote from: Art on 14 January, 2021, 01:00:41 AM
Pretty sure money has nothing to do with it. Bisley's rate of output is just Bisley's rate of output.
Guess he must've needed a new house when he knocked out half a dozen issues of Hellblazer in (checks notes) ... 2010!
We never really die.

Link Prime

Quote from: I, Cosh on 14 January, 2021, 10:40:29 AM
Quote from: Art on 14 January, 2021, 01:00:41 AM
Pretty sure money has nothing to do with it. Bisley's rate of output is just Bisley's rate of output.
Guess he must've needed a new house when he knocked out half a dozen issues of Hellblazer in (checks notes) ... 2010!

Biz is also currently churning out issues of Brooklyn Gladiator for Heavy Metal.
I wanted to love it, but threw the towel in after 2 issues.

broodblik

For everyone wondering about the full release schedule of 2000AD collections for 2021 here it is:

https://2000ad.com/news/a-thrill-powered-year-unveiling-2000-ads-collections-schedule-for-2021/
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Oh a Megatropolis hardcover is pretty tempting.

When will Lawless get the same treatment?!?

sintec

Hardcover of Thistlebone, Guatemala ... yes please. Those are insta-buys for me. And yeah Lawless really deserves the hardcover treatment.

Will definitely be getting the next volume of Scarlet Traces too.

Tjm86

Hmmm, some lovely stuff there.  Along with some of the Treasury releases it looks like Rebellion is going to be getting quite a chunk of my dosh next year!

Stanilus Steel Rat is top of the list without a doubt.  Personally I would love it if they would do the same to it as they did to the Nemesis Eagle version but that would be being greedy.

Fall of Deadworld?  Yep.  Megatropolis?  Tidy!  Torture Garden only getting digital?  Is that a page count issue perhaps?  Waiting until the current series wraps up and releasing both together?

Dreadnoughts is another I'd have said deserves hardcover treatment.  Higgins is on form with this one.

If they give Lawless the HC treatment then I'll be in like a shot.  It would be great if they would do the rest of the the 2012 Dredd strips in HC too but maybe that is way too much to wish for.

Happy days indeed even so!

dweezil2

Quote from: broodblik on 18 January, 2021, 06:11:11 PM
For everyone wondering about the full release schedule of 2000AD collections for 2021 here it is:

https://2000ad.com/news/a-thrill-powered-year-unveiling-2000-ads-collections-schedule-for-2021/

A lot of sexy web-shop exclusive hardbacks there, yes please!!!!  :D :thumbsup:
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Colin YNWA

Actually not only is it a shame that Revere is only digital - there's a book whose art deserves a lovely hardcover - all oversized and shiny.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 18 January, 2021, 07:48:49 PM
Actually not only is it a shame that Revere is only digital - there's a book whose art deserves a lovely hardcover - all oversized and shiny.

Not oversized, but it's due in the Ultimate Collection.
@jamesfeistdraws

IndigoPrime

It's an interesting line-up. Some of the books are oddly skinny, but then it's good the likes of Hope and Full Tilt Boogie are getting collections. What I'm finding most interesting is Rebellion's shift to limited hardcovers. I wish there was more of a market for 2000 AD strips in HC, but this at least gives us the opportunity to buy in that format. As for Lawless, I'd love to see that in an oversize HC, like Image volumes. Brink too. And Dreadnoughts. Oh, and Scarlet Traces but in a format that matches the gorgeous DH editions. Alas, bloody reality.

(Still, I'll definitely grab Deadworld 3 and am mulling over Thistlebone, Megatropolis, Full Tilt Boogie and Guatemala in HC.)

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 18 January, 2021, 07:54:27 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 18 January, 2021, 07:48:49 PM

Not oversized, but it's due in the Ultimate Collection.

Oh good point.

Batman's Superior Cousin

So Case File 37 contains the following  stories from the Prog: The Trial Of Orlok, A Night At The Opera, Hard Day's Night, Revenge of the Chief Judge's Man, The Satanist, Holding On, Club Sov, Meet The Flooks, See Zammy Run, The In Club and Inside Job. Meg stories include: Phartz!, War Crimes, A Nativity Tale, Bato Loco, The Marriage Game, Monkey On My Back and Everything Must Go.

Case File 38 contains the following stories from the Prog: Meatmonger, The Good Man, Cincinnati, S.A.M., Master of Fear, Brothers of the Blood, Gulag and Finger of Suspicion. Meg stories include: Shakedown, Rat Town, Hong Tong, Sturm Und Dang and Crime of Passion.
I can't help but feel that Godpleton's avatar/icon gets more appropriate everyday... - TordelBack
Texts from Last Night

Rogue Judge

I don't laugh out loud when reading often...but Phartz! got me! So ridiculous, but appreciated. Carlos really could draw anything.

broodblik

With previous volumes release of Brink coincide with a new series starting in the prog, does this imply that a new Brink series might only start in the xmas prog? That is a long wait, hopefully we can get this sooner in the year.

I am definitely dipping my fingers in the classic stuff (the digital only ones): Revere, Mean Arena, Time Flies, Slaughter Bowl, Bad City Blue and Firekind. 
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Here is another article on Rebellion's release schedule but with nice big covers:

https://downthetubes.net/?p=124248