Main Menu

...NEW DR WHO TONIGHT, EPISODE 7, THE LONG GAME...

Started by ARRISARRIS, 07 May, 2005, 01:22:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

http://www.whoisdoctorwho.co.uk/">Who Is Doctor Who? has been updated with a teaser for next week, and an amusing letter from a certain star of the series...

Also, IIRC the next episode is written by former Meg scribe, Paul Cornell.

Dctr Wh, anyone?

Artificial Idiot

Excellent! Excellent! Excellent! Just another reason to bow down to the greatness that is Simon Pegg (like we needed one anyway).

I was actually dreading this episode because of the bloke from Corrie, but I honestly never thought I'd find myself enjoying what they did to him. Or indeed his acting. Quite surprising, very good episode!

The Amstor Computer

Quite liked Pegg's utter bastard of a line - "The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe"

:-D

the other dredd

And you know you're a fan when you can not only say that line but spell it correctly.:)

paulvonscott

That Face of Boe thing must be about 4 million years old, unless it's a general name.

The Amstor Computer

"That Face of Boe thing must be about 4 million years old, unless it's a general name."

I wondered if it was perhaps an honorific - an alien equivalent of "The Prince of Wales"?

The Amstor Computer

...sorry, that should have been "title", not "honorific".

paulvonscott

I understand.  Still, even a title 4 million years old is quite impressive ;)

Artificial Idiot

That's by human standards. For all you know, the race it comes from may live a million years.

Leigh S

isnt it more like 2 billion years between the stories?

paulvonscott

Mudcrab

Wonderful episode. I like the new Doctor Who, his assistant and most of the episodes so far really. Simon Pegg splendid, wotsername too. Hideous blobs too, what more d'ye want.

I also wasn't intrigued by whether the Dalek would get up the stairs PVS. I am a slight geek (low by the stanards of "that" thread) and know that they did that ages ago with crap weirdo from BBC kids TV that would have been better off being Wilf Lunn. Yeah, you all know it, Wilf Lunn would have been great, if he could act at all.

Hi all, just dropping in. Will be back once I've caught up with the backlog of thrill power. only 3 months to go.

Lobster Random recently was absolutely marvellous, I shall keep my name in honour of same. See, that's how far behind I am, I have to write on a time traveller thread.

Aloha!
NEGOTIATION'S OVER!

WoD

Good episode, yet again.  High totty factor as well as Pegg (and a scary looking alien), all worked for me.

Leigh S

Interestingly (from a spod point of view), the viewing figures continue to hold up, with 7.5 million overnight( and that figure potentially rising to above 8 mill once those who videoed the show are factored in)...

paulvonscott

No, I'm really into getting the viewing figures, I'd expected graphs and things on Gallifrey website, but nothing beyond the updates.

Good that the figures stand up.