Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spikes

And a dream comes true.
Recieved this earlier today from Mr McMahon. Its based on the episode of the Cursed Earth (prog 83) thats my favourite part of that strip.

Dredd (and Spikes) versus the Legion of the Damned.

To see the pencils, and then the inked version, in scanned form, was midblowing enough, but to actually hold the art in your hands...

Its been great to see all these commissions go up on Mick's blog (and great to see some landing for folks on here, as well) - and of course there's still a few more to come.
And after those, there's another batch due at the end of the year!

hippynumber1

Absolutely bloody amazing! You must be chuffed!  :D

opaque

Bubba Zebill

Quote from: Judge Jack on 23 February, 2013, 01:43:49 PM
And a dream comes true.
Recieved this earlier today from Mr McMahon. Its based on the episode of the Cursed Earth (prog 83) thats my favourite part of that strip.

To see the pencils, and then the inked version, in scanned form, was midblowing enough, but to actually hold the art in your hands...

Its been great to see all these commissions go up on Mick's blog (and great to see some landing for folks on here, as well) - and of course there's still a few more to come.

He's done a tremendous series...and this is about the best, in fact I made that comment the other day on MM's blog...well done!
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

ming

Absolutely stunning... Really pleased to see how this one turned out, Iain.  Definitely the best of Mick's recent commissions.  It'll be interesting to see Mick's other commissions as they emerge - I guess a few more are expected for people here, at least.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Fatboydale

Quote from: Judge Jack on 23 February, 2013, 01:43:49 PM
And a dream comes true.

He know's how to fill a page ....Great stuff ...

Bubba Zebill

Damn, that's good. Look at the picture of Spikes 78 (?)....what a cracking character panel.
Judge Dredd : The Dark (Gamebook)
http://tinmangames.com.au/blog/?p=3105

Frank

That is perfect. I'm not kidding; if you took a rule and a set of dividers to that page you'd see that the balance of proportions are absolutely literally perfectly in harmony with each other, and the relationship between the areas of black and white leads the eye through that composition flawlessly and effortlessly. That your commission also manages to be dynamic, dramatic, and to demonstrate a great sense of humour, is what makes Mick a genius.

McMahon seems to build up an image (at least in his head) by arranging, layering and combining simple geometric shapes into something much more complex, and if you traced over that image, marking the lines of composition and the arrangement of triangles and hyperbola which all converge on the focal point of that page, the result would look a lot like the formal perfection of cubist art.

Congratulations, Jack - that's a masterpiece.

hippynumber1

I have no idea what you just said! Good though, innit!  :lol:

Link Prime

If you have an grenade fashioned as an earring, go ahead and pull it Iain...your quest for original art has reached it's apex.

Spikes

Quote from: Link Prime on 23 February, 2013, 07:34:12 PM
your quest for original art has reached it's apex.

You may well be right.

Cheer's for all the comments, lads.
Now to watch out for those two Slaine commissions to land on here...

hippynumber1

Quote from: Judge Jack on 24 February, 2013, 12:29:33 PM
Quote from: Link Prime on 23 February, 2013, 07:34:12 PM
your quest for original art has reached it's apex.

You may well be right.

Cheer's for all the comments, lads.
Now to watch out for those two Slaine commissions to land on here...

Sssshhhhhh...

Spikes

Quote from: Judge Jack on 21 February, 2013, 08:05:09 PM
Mr Dayglo is selling off the original art for the entire and final Apocalypse War episode.

And now sold, by the looks of things...
An overseas collector, i think.

opaque

*Sigh* I didn't win the lottery so it wasn't to be.

I did scan nearly all my artwork this morning though so when I've stitched them all together I can put them up :)