Main Menu

Comic Archive: Beyond 2000AD

Started by maryanddavid, 12 November, 2013, 12:14:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Large48

I can really recommend this, good production values and extra snippets of information usually long lost.

Loved the Dredd newspaper strip article (a real favourite part of the 2K world for me!) but was a bit sad it only covered the Daily Star strips. No mention (although a picture) of the newer Metro strips or the News of the World strips or any reprints that were done in Ireland (I think). I guess its just the completest collector coming out in me!

Similarly with the US sized reprints, lots of non-English (another favourite!) versions out there. If you ever do another one of these, get in touch and I'll try and write (with a lot of editorial help...) an article on the various foreign language versions of the comics and GN's that have been produced (not just of Dredd) over the years both official and unofficial.

BUT in summary this is a MUST for anyone interested in 2000 AD or its creators.

Good job all round and buy the other ones as well!
[size=40]Train Hard - Run Fast - Hit to Kill[/size]

maryanddavid

Thanks Large, glad you enjoyed it.

I  did have more material that I was considering for inclusion, but I had to draw a line, time and page count were climbing!
I did do a little bit of research on non English editions as well as the Video games and Games Workshop, something I will return too, but it will be a  while. I will gladly raid your library!

I did a paragraph on the Metro Dredd in Beyond 2000AD but to be honest they were not around that long, and didn't make a huge impact.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: maryanddavid on 16 December, 2013, 12:36:01 AM

I did do a little bit of research on non English editions...

This is something I'd be very interested in finding out about as and when time allows. Its always interesting to see which bit of what we see as a very British comics work elsewhere in the world.

maryanddavid

The Angry Planet from Tornado made it to French comics,
http://talent.paperblog.fr/3138127/chroniques-des-pf-matt-le-martien/

Lew Stringer has put a review of Beyond 2000AD this morning, its another thumbs up!
http://lewstringer.blogspot.ie/

Skullmo

Quote from: maryanddavid on 16 December, 2013, 12:36:01 AM
Thanks Large, glad you enjoyed it.

I  did have more material that I was considering for inclusion, but I had to draw a line, time and page count were climbing!
I did do a little bit of research on non English editions as well as the Video games and Games Workshop, something I will return too, but it will be a  while. I will gladly raid your library!

I did a paragraph on the Metro Dredd in Beyond 2000AD but to be honest they were not around that long, and didn't make a huge impact.

Issue 2!!
It's a joke. I was joking.

Link Prime

Late to the party on this, my copy was delivered pre-Christamas, but only got round to reading it this morning.
An amazing publication- kudos to David and all involved.

The Scatha pages are just incredible.

Fungus

It is a warm fuzzy read of a thing and I think the take-home message for me was mergers....
[spoiler]So: Starlord & Tornado were begun with the express intention of failing (and merging in some way).
My fuzzy read was interrupted by that.[/spoiler]

maryanddavid

Hawkmumbler

I'll be ordering a copy of this at the weekend. Looks lovely. :D