Spoilers > Other Reviews

Dredd: The Complete Case Files

<< < (42/42)

broodblik:
The one thing I actually would like in the Cases Files is to have a splash-page with credit to whom credits deserve before each new story. I know that might push-up cost but it makes it easier.

AlexF:
I think the Contents listing at the start of each CF, and one at the start of each Megazine bit, works really well. I'd also vote for having the logo and title of each new story left on the page, but then NOT repeat it for the rest of a multi-part story. Dredd vs Aliens is a perfect case in point. It's a super exciting action thriller, and I think it'd lose some impact by being reminded precicesly where each cliffhanger ending happened.

More work for the repro droids, yay!

Still don't know how we get around the fact that the old Megazine Dredds never actually had a logo or title on them; it's only when a change o fart happens that I can even tell when one story has stopped and a new one has started, sometimes. Bishop done a lot of good, but de-logo-ing strips was not, I think, his best choice. Yes, it gives more space for the art, but it also takes away something comics-y that rankles with me. Guess I'm a dinosaur!

Dark Jimbo:

--- Quote from: AlexF on 22 September, 2021, 09:04:07 AM ---... it's only when a change o fart happens that I can even tell when one story has stopped and a new one has started...

--- End quote ---

Best typo ever?

CalHab:

--- Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 22 September, 2021, 11:32:57 AM ---
--- Quote from: AlexF on 22 September, 2021, 09:04:07 AM ---... it's only when a change o fart happens that I can even tell when one story has stopped and a new one has started...

--- End quote ---

Best typo ever?

--- End quote ---

Is that when a run-of-the-mill ripper suddenly alters in nature, necessitating a rapid trip to the toilet?

Sorry, got a bit Roger's Profanisaurus there.

AlexF:
Definitely not a comment on the changeable quality of art in early Megazine Dredd stories...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version