Main Menu

A Quick Thank You to the 2000AD Forum

Started by Taryn Tailz, 29 March, 2016, 06:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taryn Tailz

Just wanted to start a thread to give my personal thanks to the members of this forum.

Sure there's disagreements between members from time to time, but for the most part this is a very supporting place, with members showing genuine concern for one another when times are hard. The fact people feel so able to share their problems on this forum speaks volumes about the calibre of the posters here.

If you read the black dog thread, then you'll know that I have recently come out as Transgender (non-op and currently awaiting my first appointment for my referral to the Gender Identity Clinic), and I'm happy to report that I've received nothing but support from the forum members here. Thank you to you all for making this feel such a secure space, for me and for others (and for proving that not all people on the internet are horrible. :P )

The Legendary Shark

Oi! I'm horrible...

But you're right - this is the coolest place on the entire interweb.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Colin YNWA

Oh this won't do, this just won't at all. What if the rest of the internet finds out about this niceness. We'll be a laughing stock, we'll be hounded out of town. We'll be forced to take classes in the ways to find impotent courage from anonymity. Can we all get back to snipping and making needlessly caustic remarks before we get a repututation for... shudder... this civility!

Tjm86

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 29 March, 2016, 07:02:12 PM

I blame the source material.  It's twisted all our minds!!!!  Our parents were right to try and ban it in our youth.

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 29 March, 2016, 07:23:06 PM
Oh this won't do, this just won't at all. What if the rest of the internet finds out about this niceness. We'll be a laughing stock, we'll be hounded out of town. We'll be forced to take classes in the ways to find impotent courage from anonymity. Can we all get back to snipping and making needlessly caustic remarks before we get a repututation for... shudder... this civility!

Bog off.

(Hope that helps...)
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Taryn Tailz

I apologise for any positivity I may have encouraged. :P

Colin YNWA

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 29 March, 2016, 07:29:30 PM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 29 March, 2016, 07:23:06 PM

Bog off.

(Hope that helps...)

I'm offended.. WAYHEY!

The Legendary Shark

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Tjm86

THAT MUST HAVE BEEN ONE HELL OF A NIGHT! :o

Hawkmumbler

Where do you all get off being so nice to one another?! HAVE YOU NO IDEA WHERE YOU ARE??!!

Plebs.

von Boom

Tharg will hear of this. You have been warned.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Taryn Tailz (formerly Tim) on 29 March, 2016, 06:54:32 PM
The fact people feel so able to share their problems on this forum speaks volumes about the calibre of the posters here.

Doesn't it? The board gets some flak but it's still basically the best place on't web.
@jamesfeistdraws

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Tjm86 on 29 March, 2016, 07:24:41 PM
Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 29 March, 2016, 07:02:12 PM

I blame the source material.  It's twisted all our minds!!!!  Our parents were right to try and ban it in our youth.

What with the Glyph, Judge Thomas Nary and Bennett Beeny, it's not like we're not used to the whole transgender thing.

Seriously though, this is an unusually pleasant part of the interflash; and I'm glad to be part of it.  And I hope it's all going well for you, Taryn; sounds pretty positive so far.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

ZenArcade

Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Grugz

Quote from: Taryn Tailz (formerly Tim) on 29 March, 2016, 06:54:32 PM

Sure there's disagreements between members from time to time,.

eh? cant think of any ;)

but seriously, you're welcome and I'm glad the black pooch is actually helping folks...besides we're worryingly short of lasses on here these days for some reason so we appreciate the glamour of the fairer sex and need a woman's touch to keep us in line..all the best taryn
don't get into an argument with an idiot,he'll drag you down to his level then win with experience!

http://forums.2000adonline.com/index.php/topic,26167.0.html