General Chat > Film & TV

Wheel Of Time.....

<< < (7/10) > >>

broodblik:
A question to you guys that have read the books and watched the show so far: I have started reading the first book and does the show cover the first book or must I read more books?

MumboJimbo:

--- Quote from: broodblik on 04 December, 2021, 08:27:28 AM ---A question to you guys that have read the books and watched the show so far: I have started reading the first book and does the show cover the first book or must I read more books?

--- End quote ---

The first season, I believe, is set to cover the first half of the first book, The Eye of the World. It also incorporates some aspects of the prequel novel, New Spring - in particular the characters Kerene and Stepin. However, reading New Spring is generally not recommended until you’ve read at least the first 5 books in the main series, as it will reveal spoilers that are best left until later in the series. Personally I read it between the 10th and 11th novels, which is the publication order.

broodblik:
Thanks Mumbo I will follow your recommendation

Colin YNWA:
Watched episode 5 last night and its still solidly entertaining. Not blowing me away but there's always very good bits. The villains of the piece (well since the Stupid Stupid Rat Creatures have seemingly disappeared) The Light are utterly cliche and with it utterly effective and that torture / who gets to die piece was genuinely tense.

The Orge thing was kinda cool. I like the way it drops in more fantasy bits quietly without too much fuss and without over doing its. Characters are coming on nicely and there are enough plot threads to keep things moving on at a brisk pace.

So yeah a continues to be a fun distractions and its ace looking forward to new telly week to week again. Seems to happen so rarely these days.

Jim_Campbell:
Couldn't actually make it to the end of Ep3. This is such painfully generic stuff that's back-referencing Tolkien and trying simultaneously to be Game of Thrones (could the opening titles be trying any harder?) but fails to have a single original or even interesting character anywhere in the whole thing, never mind an original idea.

I've been urged to stick with it because, apparently, it gets better… but I'm getting old and my hours are increasingly precious, so fuck this. Sorry. If you're enjoying it — fantastic, honestly, but I'm done.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version