Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Andy

Makes me think it is now a marketing ruse

IndigoPrime

Just standard incompetence, judging by everything else they do.

abelardsnazz

Bad Andy

Did we know they were selling the spine art?

https://hachettepartworks.com/en-en/2000-ad-ultimate-collection/2000-ad-spine-art-poster/

£30

Don't know if this is extended artwork or original

Tomontherun94

Dispatches have been updated on my account, lists "New 75" as part of the delivery so it looks like that's now resolved

Tomwe

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 15 November, 2020, 03:00:13 PM
The Ten-Seconders: https://hachettepartworks.com/en-en/2000-ad-ultimate-collection/ten-seconders/
Never heard of this thrill. I see it's written by Williams with a whole host of creators including the late Edmond Bagwell. Was it rated at the time?

IndigoPrime

It went down quite well, as I recall. It suffers from the mishmash of artists, but reads a whole lot better in one go. I'm perfectly happy to see it in the extension.

Dark Jimbo

Yeah, Ten Seconders is pretty good. I suspect it'll read better under one cover than it ever did in the prog, where there was a five year gap(!) between books II and III, to say nothing of the horrendously unlucky artistic mishmash.
@jamesfeistdraws

The Monarch

it def reads much better in one go than it go in pieces

Jade Falcon

I got around to finally reading the second volume of Caballistics, and to be honest I'm still not sure what to think of it.  The artwork style generally didn't appeal to me in places, and I felt that while the second book was better than the first it suffered from pacing issues in places.  The ending sections seemed rather rushed and I did read the part where it said that Rennie had tired of the strip especially after the two novels.

Maybe one to read again.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

Tomontherun94

The FB page has now officially confirmed the collections been extended to 140, will include Finn, Sinister Dexter, Strontium Dogs, ABC Warriors, Brass Sun, Black Hawk, The Mean Arena, and Revere.

Looking forward to finally reading Finn, Brass Sun and more SinDex but Strontium Dogs? From what I understand that's one of the more reviled series they've put out. Still holding out hope for a couple of Starlord vols just to round out SD and Ro-Busters.

levers

Quote from: Jade Falcon on 18 November, 2020, 03:44:56 PM
I got around to finally reading the second volume of Caballistics, and to be honest I'm still not sure what to think of it.  The artwork style generally didn't appeal to me in places, and I felt that while the second book was better than the first it suffered from pacing issues in places.  The ending sections seemed rather rushed and I did read the part where it said that Rennie had tired of the strip especially after the two novels.

Maybe one to read again.

Was this paired with the first Absalom series? Didn't think the page count was long enough on its own.

Bolt-01

Strontium dogs! Get in!

Hardback Nigel Dobbyn! Yes please. During the darkest days of the prog - it was this series that kept me onboard.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tomontherun94 on 20 November, 2020, 12:21:58 PM
Still holding out hope for a couple of Starlord vols just to round out SD and Ro-Busters.

Funny you should say that - the spine artwork includes Howard Quartz, Charlie (from Northpool) and the Preying Mantis, so I think a Ro-Busters book seems a safe bet.
@jamesfeistdraws

leethomson

War Machine, Leviathan, Brass Sun, and Revere - nice. And is that a bit of Devlin Waugh in the spine preview? Lovely. But Finn? Mean Arena? Strontium Dogs? Tastes like barrel scrapings to me.