General Chat > Film & TV

Judge Dredd: Mega-City One - TV show announced!

<< < (240/242) > >>

sheridan:

--- Quote from: judgeurko on 20 August, 2021, 04:00:16 PM ---I admire the optimism. I really do...

--- End quote ---

The admiration isn't showing.

judgeurko:

--- Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 14 October, 2021, 01:38:34 AM ---
--- Quote from: Funt Solo on 14 October, 2021, 12:55:02 AM ---
--- Quote from: judgeurko on 19 August, 2021, 04:26:55 PM ---no more updates? Lets all admit this ain't gonna happen

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: judgeurko on 13 October, 2021, 10:59:02 AM ---Still nothing!

--- End quote ---

Couldn't wait the whole two months, huh? See you again for more thrilling reportage in December.

--- End quote ---

Here's something to put you on for a minute or so...

--- End quote ---
What is that? Not very good a fan thing?

judgeurko:

--- Quote from: sheridan on 14 October, 2021, 06:59:09 AM ---
--- Quote from: judgeurko on 20 August, 2021, 04:00:16 PM ---I admire the optimism. I really do...

--- End quote ---

The admiration isn't showing.

--- End quote ---
is it not? I said I admire the optimism. Me thinking this wont get made doesnt make my admiration any less.

IndigoPrime:
Tales from Development Hell by David Hughes is a good book for a reality check on this kind of thing. It digs deep into the reality of filmmaking, and shows the increasingly absurd productions of certain key properties. TV is little different. Some things will be rushed to market. Others will take a decade, with many changes along the way. Y: The Last Man is a case in point — the show took years to come to fruition, had major changes in direction and team, and only just made it to the screen to be immediately cancelled.

The Dredd TV show might happen or it might not. Given Rebellion’s attitude towards things, its intense desire and its impressive level of ambition, I veer more towards will than won’t. But the duration of pre-production time wouldn’t be anything out of the ordinary in normal times, let alone during a pandemic.

judgeurko:
2022 arrives. Still no update. Oh well it was a good idea at least.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version