Main Menu

Toxic 1-31 The Absolute Edition

Started by robert_ellis, 26 February, 2019, 09:04:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

robert_ellis

If you'd like to see Mick McMahon's MutoManiac, the missing framing pages of Pat Mills & Kevin O'Neill's Marshal Law's prologue, a rare Arthur Ranson story or The Bogie Man by Cam Kennedy instead of Robin Smith, look no further.
2 hardcover bound, green foil blocked signed volumes, eBay £100.
Think of it as an Absolute Edition of Toxic! The Comic Throws Up!

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F264214260525

Skullmo

It's a joke. I was joking.

Fungus

jabish

That looks really awesome. It's little expensive for me unfortunately but at the bottom of the ebay listing one of the suggestions was the Paradox Press Bogie Man collection which I'd been looking for for ages. Got it! Thanks so much for that, sorted by accident :)

robert_ellis

Those Dredd volumes look beautiful, very professional. I'm fascinated by the competing versions of Bogie Man Chinatoon, it must be the only time a story has been redrawn by another artist, and both saw print. Apologies if this is chatted about elsewhere. I love the Cam Kennedy pages in Toxic but I can't remember if the story was completed in there. I'd love to research a behind-the-scenes film on Toxic! So many stories stopped suddenly without warning. Really makes you appreciate 2000ad.

Tjm86

Those Dredd volumes are stunning.  Someone has gone to an incredible amount of time and effort to get those done properly.  Maybe this is my solution to Rebellion's refusal to do a proper hardback edition of the rest of the MovieWorld Dredd strips ....

IndigoPrime

He has three Dredd volumes, by the looks of it. Very nicely made. The contents though...

Skullmo

Quote from: robert_ellis on 02 March, 2019, 11:55:44 PM
Those Dredd volumes look beautiful, very professional. I'm fascinated by the competing versions of Bogie Man Chinatoon, it must be the only time a story has been redrawn by another artist, and both saw print. Apologies if this is chatted about elsewhere. I love the Cam Kennedy pages in Toxic but I can't remember if the story was completed in there. I'd love to research a behind-the-scenes film on Toxic! So many stories stopped suddenly without warning. Really makes you appreciate 2000ad.

I don't believe it was finished in Toxic -lack of any money being paid to the creators and Robin Smith being upset were probably the killers.
It's a joke. I was joking.

Leigh S

we are all studiously ignoring the statue that links to at the bottom of the auction...?   :o :-\ :thumbsdown:

moly

robert_ellis