Spoilers > Other Reviews

Janus Stark from Rebellion/ Treasury of British Comics

<< < (3/3)

The Corinthian:
Has anyone explained why this is getting released in such thin volumes? It's a major series in British comics history and I can't understand why it's not being collected along similar lines to The Trigan Empire, Charley's War, The Spider, etc.

Proudhuff:

--- Quote from: The Corinthian on 21 July, 2021, 10:43:03 PM ---Has anyone explained why this is getting released in such thin volumes? It's a major series in British comics history and I can't understand why it's not being collected along similar lines to The Trigan Empire, Charley's War, The Spider, etc.

--- End quote ---

This ^^^

I've just got the 1st one and it is a thing of beauty, a collected hardback would be even nicer but.

Proudhuff:
A great showman hero who helps out the starving kids and the dispossessed, who remembers where he came from and fights injustice, couldn't happen in the real world could it?

The Corinthian:

--- Quote from: Proudhuff on 28 July, 2021, 12:56:17 PM ---
--- Quote from: The Corinthian on 21 July, 2021, 10:43:03 PM ---Has anyone explained why this is getting released in such thin volumes? It's a major series in British comics history and I can't understand why it's not being collected along similar lines to The Trigan Empire, Charley's War, The Spider, etc.

--- End quote ---

This ^^^

I've just got the 1st one and it is a thing of beauty, a collected hardback would be even nicer but.

--- End quote ---

By my reckoning there's around 650 pages of Janus Stark from 'Smash!' and 'Valiant'. There's probably about 100 or so pages in IPC Annuals and Specials (excluding reprints). That would fit very nicely into a four-volume set released at the rate of one or two per year. 50 page chunks at irregular intervals feels a bit counterintuitive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version