Main Menu

The Judge Death Files

Started by repoman, 05 April, 2020, 05:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

repoman

Hi all.

I've mentioned my site on here before but I've just finished my bibliography of all Judge Death comic story appearances.  Every story has been written up with a couple of scans at least on the vast majority of them.

http://judgedeath.co.uk/bibliography

I'll stop spamming it now but just wanted to let the community on here know that it's as complete as I can get it until any other stories get published.  And thanks to those of you who have helped me track down stories, engaged on the help thread and liked/retweeted things on Twitter.  I appreciate all the support.

WhizzBang

Well done! Has Death been over-used? Perhaps. Nothing compares to those first two appearances for me.

Are you going to do the Daily Dredd appearances too? They would mostly fit in your Alt/ Mention/ Past column.

repoman

Quote from: WhizzBang on 05 April, 2020, 06:26:06 PM
Well done! Has Death been over-used? Perhaps. Nothing compares to those first two appearances for me.

Are you going to do the Daily Dredd appearances too? They would mostly fit in your Alt/ Mention/ Past column.

Will do if I can track them!  They'll definitely count.  :)

Not sure if Death has been over-used.  I'd have said yes but Kek-W's Fall of Deadworld and the Dominion/Torture Garden stuff has been amazing so I kind of feel like we're in a good era.

The odd thing is how often he's appeared.

1980s - 9
1990s - 24
2000s - 13
2010s - 26

The last decade was his most prolific.

Richard

DrJomster

Nice work there.

I looked at that and thought "There's no way Day of Chaos was eight years ago"... but apparently it was!!!

Also, nice work there :)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

Tweak72

Thanks for your effort, this has been a great help in working out what's been collected from the Fall of Deadworld series.

If anyone can answer a related question: are Kek-W and Dave Kendall done with the series? I know Matt TMO Smith has written additional stories, but I have no idea if we will get more on the Dark Judges killing their world, as the series final can be construed as both an ending, or a cliffhanger.

Before anyone pitches in about the current ongoing "Death in Space" series, I'm already aware of it and I don't care for it.

Thanks

Quote from: repoman on 05 April, 2020, 05:26:09 PM
Hi all.

I've mentioned my site on here before but I've just finished my bibliography of all Judge Death comic story appearances.  Every story has been written up with a couple of scans at least on the vast majority of them.

http://judgedeath.co.uk/bibliography

I'll stop spamming it now but just wanted to let the community on here know that it's as complete as I can get it until any other stories get published.  And thanks to those of you who have helped me track down stories, engaged on the help thread and liked/retweeted things on Twitter.  I appreciate all the support.
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: Tweak72 on 26 November, 2020, 07:05:41 PM
If anyone can answer a related question: are Kek-W and Dave Kendall done with the series? I know Matt TMO Smith has written additional stories, but I have no idea if we will get more on the Dark Judges killing their world, as the series final can be construed as both an ending, or a cliffhanger.

It's back next week (prog 2210).
@jamesfeistdraws

Tweak72

How fortuitous. Thanks DarkJimbo
+++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING++++++THRILL POWER, OVERWHELMING+++

repoman

Not sure how to cover the new stuff, I've not been in this position before where there's content happening live during the lifespan of the site.

It's really tempting to cover it issue by issue (especially the Deadworld stuff as it's a series of standalone stories) but as a resource the site is better suited to having one entire story per article.

Richard

You could just do one article about Visions and update it from time to time.

repoman

Quote from: Richard on 17 December, 2020, 01:27:55 PM

I did this once I realised Visions had ended.  I hadn't paid attention and thought it'd run for more than three issues.

repoman

There's a curious thing about this site.  2000ad on Twitter have never once reacted in any way to any of the site's content.  No likes, no retweets.  Even when the tweet mentions to get a specific issue from their shop.  But I've noticed they're usually quite active and happy to like/retweet other things by other people.

I'm not complaining in any way, they don't have to do anything.  And it doesn't make any difference to me (although their support would get me a few more views I guess but that's not really going to change anything).

But it makes me wonder, are they against this sort of thing?  They don't lose anything from the site being up and arguably it helps buyers know what progs/megs to get but it feels almost like company policy.  As if fan-made sites aren't to be supported.

I could be wrong.  Maybe they just think it's rubbish.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: repoman on 09 January, 2021, 12:02:25 PM
Quote from: Richard on 17 December, 2020, 01:27:55 PM
I did this once I realised Visions had ended.  I hadn't paid attention and thought it'd run for more than three issues.

Needs a new entry, as Visions... paused for a few issues after the initial trilogy and then came back for a few more stories.
@jamesfeistdraws

repoman

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 01 October, 2021, 10:39:42 AM
Needs a new entry, as Visions... paused for a few issues after the initial trilogy and then came back for a few more stories.

OH!

Bloody hell.