Main Menu

PJ Holden or Jock - Artists Ryder Cup Current vs Classic - Tie 9

Started by Colin YNWA, 13 May, 2021, 06:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddykafka

Dog Deever

Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Funt Solo

Jock 3 : 2 Holden

Really wanted to use the 2.5/2.5 solution here. I enjoy Jock's mad angles.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Dog Deever on 13 May, 2021, 06:55:51 PM
I can't consider Dept. of Monsterology in this?

You can of course consider it AND THEN REJECT IT ENTIRELY... ahem... only work for Tharg - so no lovely Batman (well Detective Comics) covers either ... not that I'd know if you did... or would I...

Funt Solo

There's a Dept. of Monsterology prologue in Meg 341. Shurely if it's in Tharg's backup organ, it counts.

While I'm consulting my thrill-lawyers on this point, here's the cover of Meg 341  :o

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Funt Solo on 13 May, 2021, 09:18:08 PM
There's a Dept. of Monsterology prologue in Meg 341. Shurely if it's in Tharg's backup organ, it counts.

Arh well yes stuff in the Meg (and sister publications - you decide) do count - so excuse my ignorance and carry on..

Sean SD

Dog Deever

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 13 May, 2021, 09:26:16 PM

Arh well yes stuff in the Meg (and sister publications - you decide) do count - so excuse my ignorance and carry on..

AAAAND defeated by the letter of his own law. Nicely done, Funt- I owe you some butteries...

PJ Shamrock 3 AC Jock 2
Just a little rough and tumble, Judge man.

Colin YNWA

Only today on this one. so get your votes in and I'll count up in the morning, can this one help the Current Team build on the start that Dom Reardon gave them? Well its certainly looking like it...

To my vote. Well Jock has developed into an astonishing artist, his cover designs are quite something to behold, but when he left 2000ad he was still developing for me and that's what we have to consider here. PJ Holden on the other handhas continued to develop and grow before our eyes. He treads that fine line between cartoony, brisk and fun and deep and impactful (speaking of things we don't consider here I think that's why he works so well with Garth Ennis). I can think of no other artist, except maybe Steve Parkhouse who does that as well. Heck judging by recent votes he can do quite a good cover too! So for me this one is easy

PJ Holden 4 : Jock 1

Magnetica

While I'm consulting my thrill-lawyers on this point, here's the cover of Meg 341  :o

Hmmm.....so according to Barney that cover is by Alex Ronald. Have to say it looks like it too.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well, well, well what is this after a solid victory for Dom Raerdon for the Current Team we get this. PJ Holden crashing into his tie and dominating Jock as the votes flooded in. Looking back to the following ties... well Current Team, could be pulling this back? Let's not get carried away and wait and see. For the time being Current Team in the club house is nervously celebrating and congratulating PJ for a fantastic result.

Current Team 3 : Classic Team 6

Current Team 399: Classic Team 496