Lawless

<< < (3/3)

Colin YNWA:

--- Quote from: sheridan on 07 September, 2021, 12:49:10 PM ---
--- Quote --- not steel our jobs

--- End quote ---

I see what you did there!

--- End quote ---

And for once my typo was deliberate... though it didn't start off as such, but no one need know that - I just liked it when I saw what I'd done!

wedgeski:

--- Quote from: wedgeski on 07 September, 2021, 09:04:39 AM ---Those three trades literally dropped through my letterbox this-morning! I have set aside the requisite number of tea bags for a riveting couple of hours this weekend.

--- End quote ---
It took three months to have that pot of tea and catch up on Lawless, but I needed to get up-to-date for the new run so I carved out an afternoon over Christmas. What an amazing strip! How often do you see a comic with such a diverse ensemble, every one of them a scene stealer? And that art. It defies explanation. I can't fathom how Winslade does what he does. Can't wait for the next chapter.

sheridan:

--- Quote from: Colin YNWA on 07 September, 2021, 07:01:20 AM ---Then you get to the story. Now its fair to say this one plays with things that exactly hit my wheel house. Never in Tharg's world has a western been so western. No not Strontium Dog, not even American Gothic. No this is the most western of strips. The tone, the dialogue, heck the art makes things feel dusty - all play towards this perfectly. The mysterious stranger coming into town, initially a lone gumhand all play with this. Even when it becomes all out war it becomes The Alamo. And I adore westerns.

--- End quote ---

Objection, m'lud!  Surely the defendant remembers Flesh and The Grievous Journey of Ichabod Azrael (And The Dead Left In His Wake)?

Colin YNWA:
But me Lord the point I'm getting to is that in tone Lawless is more of a Western than even those more specifcally Western set thrills. I would ask the learned gentleman is Flesh not a sci-fi / natural world horror set in Western garb? Is Ichabod not more of a horror packing a six-shooter?

Cut Lawless open as does it not bleed John Wayne (oh wait that was Hope wasn't it...)

Max Headroom:
I would be all over a hardcover deluxe edition of 'Lawless'. It is interesting IndigoPrime says that nobody buys them because webshop exclusive versions do seem to sell out, but I guess he knows more than me...?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version