Started by Colin YNWA, 11 September, 2021, 08:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CalHab

Quote from: Funt Solo on 15 September, 2021, 06:56:17 PM
More realistic hold, with ubiquitous drool spreading slowly across arm:

The Superman hold. Always a favourite.

GordonR

Quote from: The Corinthian on 15 September, 2021, 07:21:04 PM

I get the impression it might be something that's engineered to target Southers specifically.

It was stated at the end of the previous story that the bio-weapon only targets those with Souther heritage.

You may remember that Jaegir herself is half-Souther.

broodblik

Quote from: GordonR on 16 September, 2021, 11:39:09 AM
Quote from: The Corinthian on 15 September, 2021, 07:21:04 PM

I get the impression it might be something that's engineered to target Southers specifically.

It was stated at the end of the previous story that the bio-weapon only targets those with Souther heritage.

You may remember that Jaegir herself is half-Souther.

From the Valkyrie storyline (in prog 2149 last page) Jaegir's words to Klaur: Years ago my father was developing a new weapon. A killer virus that affected only those from Souther  bloodlines.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Barrington Boots

Aha. Thanks Mr. Rennie, I'd forgotten that (the first bit, not the second bit)
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Funt Solo

As all the older squaxx descend into selinity ... why is he called Judge Dredd? He's not wearing a wig...
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

The Corinthian

Quote from: GordonR on 16 September, 2021, 11:39:09 AMIt was stated at the end of the previous story that the bio-weapon only targets those with Souther heritage.

That's where I got the impression from then.

Sean SD

My Top 3 for Prog 2249

Not the strongest prog this time with the decks getting cleared for 2250

1st - Dredd - Niemand spooky 3 parter finale with Percival's Necropolis style art

2nd - Jaegir - Hopefully this thrill is back soon. Suitably dark story and art

3rd - Skip Tracer - Skips into 3rd with the other two thrills not really putting up a fight. While not the strongest thrill I have always enjoyed Teague's work on the colours on Skip Tracer

sheridan

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 16 September, 2021, 10:38:35 AM
But arguably the most interesting element of the strip just happened and now it's done. It could be an intergalactic Lone Wolf and Cub (and with the doubly rare combination of a father/daughter relationship and non-white leads), if it wasn't so mired in cliché.

Funny that you should mention Lone Wolf & Cub, considering the [spoiler]next prog's Future-Shock[/spoiler].

DrJomster

There seems to be a fair degree of agreement about this prog... Dredd and Jaegir were my standouts too!

Having said that, the anthology format and trying things out can result in some real gems and has worked well for over forty years! Praise be to Tharg and all that. :)
The hippo has wisdom, respect the hippo.

broodblik

I just read in an interview with James Peaty that the final book of both Skip Tracer and Diamonds Dogs will be released in 2022
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: broodblik on 03 November, 2021, 06:26:57 PM
I just read in an interview with James Peaty that the final book of both Skip Tracer and Diamonds Dogs will be released in 2022

Oh its interesting that there will be more Skip Tracer this really felt like an end. Still could go to interesting places... could...]

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 03 November, 2021, 09:08:53 PM

Oh its interesting that there will be more Skip Tracer this really felt like an end. Still could go to interesting places... could...]

Anyone ever catch James Peaty and Michael Fleischer's archivist having coffee together in Starbucks?

broodblik

Quote from: Link Prime on 04 November, 2021, 09:16:37 AM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 03 November, 2021, 09:08:53 PM

Anyone ever catch James Peaty and Michael Fleischer's archivist having coffee together in Starbucks?

Nope Krispy Kreme eating donuts

IndigoPrime

Quote from: broodblik on 03 November, 2021, 06:26:57 PMthe final book of both Skip Tracer
Oh good grief. I thought it was done. (I certainly was after the fridging incident. We should be way beyond killing off women as motivation for a macho male protagonist.)

MumboJimbo

I'm catching up on some progs and the artwork for the Terror Tale in this prog is corrupted. Im using the 2000 AD on an iPad Air 3rd gen. I've sent off a support call email but anyone experience similar? Redownloading doesn't help