Main Menu

Real life accidents on film/tv sets

Started by milstar, 08 October, 2021, 10:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Legendary Shark

Just to be clear, when I advocate for the personal responsibility of the actor I am not calling for prosecution or punishment but for the exploration of the idea that personal responsibility transcends legal requirements.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

presumption of innocence is definitively over now, isn't it?

milstar

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 04 December, 2021, 12:08:07 PM

Just to be clear, when I advocate for the personal responsibility of the actor I am not calling for prosecution or punishment but for the exploration of the idea that personal responsibility transcends legal requirements.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-59499237
Reyt, you lot. Shut up, belt up, 'n if ye can't see t' bloody exit, ye must be bloody blind.

The Legendary Shark

"According to court records, Mr Baldwin was handed the weapon by the film's assistant director, Dave Halls, who did not know it contained live ammunition and indicated it was unloaded by shouting "cold gun"."

Hmm.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Rara Avis

It might help you all if you specify which type of responsibility you are talking about. It seems clear from reading the thread that some of you are debating who is legally or criminally responsible while others are debating who is morally responsible.

I think Baldwin should share some of the responsibility for his part in this - yes maybe the dummy rounds were faulty and maybe the armourer handed him the weapon and told him it was cold but he still chose to point a real gun (being used as a prop) at a fellow human being and pulled the trigger.

For good guy directors I've heard only good things about Christopher Nolan .... David Lynch slightly tarnished for me after I heard the Isabella Rossellini break up story.

rogue69

The 2007 film Kingdom, the end credits of the movie dedicates it to Tom Aguilar, Lance Gunnin and Nick Papac, all crew members who died during production. Tom Aguilar (prop maker) died one week after being admitted to the hospital for stomach pain and subsequently discovering he had prostate cancer. Lance Gunnin (construction worker) was killed in a motorcycle accident on his way to the set. Nick Papac (prop master) died in an on-set collision between his Gator all-terrain vehicle and an SUV.