Main Menu

Sideshow Vote: Wow you look good for your age

Started by broodblik, 09 March, 2022, 03:39:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richard

It seems so obvious to me that of course she should look her age, that I'm struggling to follow the arguments against. How can you justify portraying a woman in her 50s or 60s as if she is 20?

If the story calls for a younger character then invent one.

Definitely Not Mister Pops

I like how Tharg keeps his art droids on a long leash. They're not slaves to a house style like what other comic publishers have. All the different takes and artistic interpretations on characters is one of my favourite things about 2000AD. Draw what thou wilt art droids.

And how else would we know which ones are kinda horny?
You may quote me on that.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

i gather that it is not actually true that brian bolland based anderson's appearance on debbie harry. this is a shame. debbie is nearly 80, now, and in recent times has been, if anything, cooler than ever.

Rogue Judge

Quote from: Richard on 09 March, 2022, 04:53:43 PM
It seems so obvious to me that of course she should look her age, that I'm struggling to follow the arguments against. How can you justify portraying a woman in her 50s or 60s as if she is 20?

I agree with the mature woman comments here, Anderson isn't 20. However, I voted artist free reign because that's how Dredd is treated - sometimes he looks old and sometimes he doesn't as much, depending on the artist, and I'd extend that artist flexibility to Anderson too.

And everyone ages differently; my neighbor is in her mid 50s but she could pass for 40 easily, while some woman I work with are 50s but look 60. Who's to say Anderson looks her age, maybe she does for some artists, maybe not for others.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 09 March, 2022, 10:13:44 AM

Mature woman, because...

That is all.

What he said. Mature.  I'll always have fond memories of Ewins Anderson, who my teenage self was a huge fan of,  but real time is real time and it comes to us all.  So yeah, create another sexy young judge if necessary, but I just can't get my head around a 60-something Anderson looking like a page 3 girl.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Tiplodocus

Draw to the age.

And these days, do we need a young, sexy, female judge in the strip as opposed to just a female Judge?

If you want to crack one off over a comic character then I do believe that the internet is your friend.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

in the sage words of nigel tufnel, what's wrong with being sexy?

The Legendary Shark

I find that being sexy can be quite a drag at times...

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Rara Avis

I quite enjoyed Christian Ward's take on Anderson:

Young / old? Sexy / not sexy?

Hasn't she earned the right just to be seen as a competent judge?

Definitely Not Mister Pops

Quote from: The Legendary Shark on 12 March, 2022, 07:42:09 PM

I find that being sexy can be quite a drag at times...

That's funny, I find drag can be quite sexy at times
You may quote me on that.

Funt Solo

Problem with the OP - are you talking about Anderson or Anderson's daughter?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

broodblik

Will be calling this one on Wednesday. Who wants to live forever? 
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

There was a few interesting points and how people feel but most on the forum felt the same

Voting closed the winner:

Yes let Anderson be shown her age
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.