Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Hope vs. VCs Rd 4 Heat 11

Started by Colin YNWA, 12 July, 2022, 06:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Second week of Round 4 and we've got a real sense of what this Round will be like already, though while there are some headspliters this week I'd dare to suggest there are also some of the easier calls, though my prediction credentials have been severely tested in the tourney so what do I know?!?

Think this must be the shortest character count for any of these ties, from any round... LOOK I'VE BEEN WRITING THESE THINGS FOR MONTHS NOW I WAS ALWAYS GOING TO GET DESPERATE... what do you mean from Round 1 cheeky f**ker... oh look just go vote will ya...

Form book:

Hope - Bye; Young Death; Leatherjack
VCs - Bye; Citi-Def; Dandridge

Hope - more info

Vs

VCs - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Friday 15th July and the winner gets a place in Round 5 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

Magnetica

rogue69

Tjm86

abelardsnazz

Like The VCs but going for Hope for being a modern noir classic.

AlexF

Hope's got a lot going for it but I'd vote for Old or nuVCs as the superior thrill-bringers. AS I recall, VCs was originally created to fill a slot about space war - and it's so successfully Space-y and War-y I can't imagine any new series fulfilling that brief any better (yes, Insurrection, even you).

VCs

IndigoPrime

Despite the last series not really clicking with me, Hope. It feels every inch the modern thrill, and not unlike something you'd see on Image. By contrast, I never much cared for the original VCs and the reboot didn't do anything for me either.

Richard

Barrington Boots

I hated the last run of Hope but I still think it's my favourite of these two, based on the two proceeding series. It's could and should be something pretty special.
You're a dark horse, Boots.

Dash Decent

Message from Tharg: be very careful about voting against any strips where one of the main characters is called Smith.

The VCs.

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Proudhuff

Like The VCs but going for Hope for being a modern noir classic.
DDT did a job on me