Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Brass Sun vs. Cursed Earth Koburn Rd 4 Heat 17

Started by Colin YNWA, 18 July, 2022, 06:11:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Quote from: AlexF on 18 July, 2022, 11:54:17 AM
Am struggling not to be swayed by two factors. 1) Brass Sun feels so long ago and with unfulfilled promise that's it's actively annoying. 2) Poor Gordon Rennie got a right kicking last week in the Tourney, and Koburn is just super consistenly fun to read, doesn't deserve to bow out...

But I'd be lying if I didn't say how terrfically excited I'd be / will be when Tharg announces the next series of Brass Sun. Plus it's the one I'm already excited about diving into a re-read of.

So yeah, sorry Mr Rennie, it's Brass Sun that's winning my vote.

This ^^^
DDT did a job on me

IndigoPrime

Same. Koburn is a lot of fun, even if it arguably doesn't offer much that's new. Brass Sun was wildly exciting and different, but ran into a wall. Unfulfilled promise is... a nice way of putting it.

I'm leaning Brass Sun as well, even if we're fast getting to the point where I'll believe it when I see it regarding any further strips. (Also, FWIW, the Brass Sun HC is one of the loveliest things Rebellion has even released. It'd be a crying shame if there weren't any more.)

Southstreeter

Brass Sun. An interesting strip, though as others have said, the scheduling is annoying. If it's ever finished, I'd probably read it collected. I probably wouldn't seek out Koburn, entertaining though he is.

Funt Solo

Koburn's a fun supporting act, but not the main course.

Brass Sun (even incomplete) is its own story.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

moly

Rogue Judge

Cursed Earth Koburn.

On duties alone it wins, not to mention the fun story.

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Colin YNWA

Oh wow was not expecting this to be so close! From an eye scan I think its heading the way I'd expect... I mean Koburn is fun and all, but... I'm not 100% though. Final day votes could swing this? I'll count up in the morning.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Well that did not need to be that close. How did that happen? Cursed Earth Koburn really ran it close after blasting out the block with a blistering start. It looked at the beginning that it had this one. But Brass Sun built and built its support in the second half of the voting and was able to pull it back, made and hold the lead. Have to say I'm pretty surprised. Koburn is really good fun, but Brass Sun, for all its hiatus is pretty damned special and in the end

Brass Sun

Ran the pipe to land in Round 5