Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Thistlebone vs. Chopper Rd 4 Heat 20

Started by Colin YNWA, 19 July, 2022, 06:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexF

QuoteI've never got on with Thistlebone, there doesn't seem to be much plot, just random nasty images (or maybe that's the point).

That IS indeed the point, except it's very key that it's all set in the British countryside. Otherwise it'd just be 'horror', but this is FOLK horror goddammit.

NapalmKev

"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Funt Solo

I think this has evened out, so this feels like a casting vote. Tricky one, though. It's basically Song of the Surfer for Chopper, because nothing since has hit that high. Thistlebone is excellent, managing to truly spook with breathtaking art and a compelling narrative. Song relies on a lot of Dredd canon for its impact. Kind of a coin flip on two excellent pieces of work.

Thistlebone
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Dash Decent

- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Colin YNWA

[Copy and paste from other tie ending tomorrow] THIS SHOULDN'T EVEN BE CLOSE. You have a day to sort that out [/Copy and paste from other tie ending tomorrow]

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

Another one I'm really surprised by and for the first time in ages its going to take a castin vote from me. Its a casting vote I will find easy. I'm guessing this comes down to how you vote, do you vote on the highlights of a thrill, or all of it, good and ill and the poor stuff will flattern the impact of the good. Song of the Surfer is an absolute classic and to be honest I've enjoyed other bits and pieces in Chopper, but other stories have drifted from pointless to just plan rubbish! Thistlebone however is glorious, genuinely horrific and a breathe of close, clinging fresh air in the Prog and on that basis its not even close

Thistlebone

will be leaving us questioning what is real in Round 5.