Main Menu

The Political Thread

Started by The Legendary Shark, 09 April, 2010, 03:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Professor Bear

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 10 October, 2014, 06:15:37 PMThe Greens have had a single MP for years and you never hear this AMOUNT of noise about them.

That's because racists are more newsworthy if you're a phone-hacking, ambulance-chasing scaremonger.  Fear sells, fear makes us consume faster, fear makes us want hardline leadership - in other words, if you're part of the old-boy network that makes reports news, fear is what you want to plaster everywhere.  It's basically a bit like when the Columbine shooting happened and the news people started out by saying "no-one is linking this to Marilyn Manson, there is no link to Marilyn Manson" and obviously we know how that turned out in the long run.  The BBC covering UKIP and telling you that it would be awful if they got in, if they managed to hijack the news to garner themselves publicity, etc - that's no different.

ZenArcade

Some really good posts on here as ever: the difficulty the political class has is that globalisation (in a raw free market sense) does produce exactly what Sauchie alludes to; that is, an influx of workers who either through choice or, sadly, coercion under-bid the indigenous labour force to an extent where you have a massive disaffected 'underclass' (how I despise that term.
The political class for whatever reason, probably because they are in link-step with, or bought by the perverse forces who are running the globalisation agenda, simply are not willing or indeed morally and intellectually equipped to regulate and shape globalisation to a force.for good. This has led to the void into which UKIP and their bedfellows throughout the west are adroitly filling and manipulating for their own ends Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

The Legendary Shark

He who has been named but no longer will be named "no longer works for the Council" for some reason. I've been emailing him regularly trying to get to the bottom of who authorized his actions but, of course, nobody seems to be responsible for anything. Eviction with an unsigned warrant, breaking and entering, kidnapping, theft - all perfectly legal and above board, according to the Council, but nobody is willing to admit to having authorized this completely innocent process. Nobody at the Council is willing or able to explain to me exactly what their jurisdiction or powers are and they won't show me the parts of their contracts of employment that outline their powers or jurisdiction. Oh, and the Council is no longer able to comment on the unsigned warrant (not that they ever did) because it is no longer available to them. Say drokkin' what?
Which political party, do you think, speaks for me? Maybe I'll start my own party - the "Foreigners, Underclass, Criminals & Kindred Yobs Open Union", maybe?
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Professor Bear

PC Plod had to break into your gaff and later charged you with an offence, so might your solicitor have a copy of the warrant?

The Legendary Shark

My solicitor seems to be having trouble getting hold of several ordinarily easy-to-get documents, such as my detailed custody record. Cctv footage has already gone missing due to a "corrupt hard drive" (no back-up drive, no data recovery software?) so I'm not optimistic.
It's enough to make ya' paranoid...
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

Professor Bear

You're looking at this the wrong way, Sharky - the less paperwork they can produce to back up their version of events, the better for anyone looking to dispute that version of events.  Every little thing that doesn't quite line up helps you undermine their narrative, or at the very least come election time it'll help you trash incumbent Councillors.

The Legendary Shark

You'd think so, wouldn't you? However, after sitting through one trial where Witness A claimed I assaulted her with my left arm whilst Witness B claimed to having a secure hold of my left arm throughout and I was still found guilty of something the CPC now doesn't seem to know the precise nature of, I have learned that the obvious is no defence at all.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

TordelBack

Hard to believe after everything we've heard, but your treatment is still able to shock me Shark.

The Legendary Shark

Yeah, me too!
It's been hard work standing against it, one begins to sympathise with King Canute, and the thought of giving up is so tempting.
I'm so very sick and tired of it all - it's like fighting fog; the opponent is huge and amorphous and blurred and virtually silent and I'm so small and powerless. Yeah, I'm tired.
But the thought of giving up, whilst a massive temptation, also leaves me feeling hollow and weak. Maybe I'll lose (not that I have much left To lose) but at least I will have fought, will have stood up for what I believe in and for what I think is right. And so, unlike Canute, I learn to swim even as the tide comes in.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

ZenArcade

Shark this is a double edged sword: the authority who did this is just.as subject to the law as you're. If what you have outlined is correct then it simply need be that you pursue your course. The lack of adherence to correct procedure and the 'missing' data are sadly indicative of what passes for enforcement in the country today and rightly should be challenged. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Proudhuff

Good luck Shark, as you say like fighting fog, one rule for them a different one for you it seems.

Looks like the BBC have finally got their wish and have helped push Ukipper into the Westmister arena, their constant support and publicty for these clowns has been the most sickening aspect of the whole sad affair.

The first news I watched after the Scottish Indy Ref lead with Cameron's comments, then across to Frange for his view. 'oh that's how it is, we've had our fifteen mins now its back to business as usual and the agenda to get a Con/Ukip Govt' i thought and it seems to be heading that way.

DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

The Legendary Shark

Just had to drive past my flat on the way back from work. It's been empty since E Day, which kinda' gave me hope. Now there are new curtains up inside and a shiny new car parked outside. I can't afford a car, let alone a new one. I can't even afford to live in social housing, in the home that has been mine for the past three decades. Looks like these new people have plenty of money, though.
I'm not too proud to admit it. I feel like crying.
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]

paddykafka

Hell, sorry to hear that Sharky. Been down the homeless route before - albeit not to the unfortunate and horribly rough extent as yourself - so you're in my thoughts, mate. Hope things improve for you, good luck and may Fortune favour you in your case.

- Paddy Kafka

The Legendary Shark

Thanks, Paddy, I appreciate it. I really should stop whining and man-up, though.
I think I've said already that before I started down this path I asked myself, several times, if I was prepared to put it all on the line and I was/am. It's just that while the place was empty there was a chance of me getting my Home back, now there is no chance.
Even if every little thing goes right for me from now on, even if it's proven that I'm right and everything since the tribunal was invalid, if the Court orders my Council to return my Home to me - how could I morally accept? Whoever's in my home now is innocent of all this, so how could I countenance their eviction so I can get back in? I couldn't. "Do not do unto others that which you would not have others do unto you," kind of thing.
God damn it, sometimes I wish I'd never heard of Tower Bloody Seven. I was much happier when I didn't know anything.
"In ignorance our comfort lies, the only wretched are the wise."
Or, if you prefer:
"From wisdom doth our comfort come, Shark ignored it and became a bum."
[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]