Main Menu

2000 AD Origins Exclusively From Clickwheel

Started by Robo-K33F, 17 April, 2009, 10:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robo-K33F

Revisit the past with 2000 AD Origins

Episode 1 Free To Download From 1st May 2009

Clickwheel.net, the world's leading digital comic provider, has announced that it will be launching a series of exclusive digital comics with 2000 AD.

Available only from Clickwheel.net, 2000 AD Origins features the very first stories from Judge Dredd, Strontium Dog, Rogue Trooper and a myriad of characters and stories from throughout the comic's 32-year history.

Will Simons, Creative Director of Clickwheel said, "2000 AD has excited and shocked our readership in equal measure since they joined us in 2007. We're continually adding to the 2000 AD archive, but with over 30 years of content, this is not something you cannot do fast! To that end, we've worked closely with Tharg and the 2000 AD team to develop a series of character introductions so that new readers can access, for example, the first stories of Judge Dredd and see where the character started from, his motivations and how he's changed over the years."

The first, free instalment of the 2000 AD Origins digital comic will be available from 1st May only on Clickwheel.net.  Subsequent monthly instalments will be available to download for £1.99 or $2.99 in the US.

Colin YNWA

So am I right in saying this isn't original content just exclusive to Clickwheel online?

Wake

I did something similar on 2000AD Online. The thrillviewer (now on BARNEY) has first/early episodes for a number of the major characters, and a stack of Metro Dredds.

SuperSurfer

Anyone downloaded 2000AD Origins from Clickwheel? It's awesome.
http://www.clickwheel.net/features/285

Shame the ABC Warriors spread is bw, but as it's a free download I shouldn't complain.

Kev Levell