Main Menu

The Walking Dead (season 2)

Started by COMMANDO FORCES, 07 July, 2011, 07:52:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

auxlen

it's decent enough. i'm enjoying season 2 (two episodes in) more than i did season 1. bit too much talky talky and not enough zombie zombie but there's only Dexter and breaking bad left that i like so I've got to have something.

Tiplodocus

Enjoyed what I saw before the Vuze/BluRay player combination failed me.  It had zombies, gore, [spoiler]a herd[/spoiler], oodles of tension and some nice character moments in about the right balance for me.

It is g an episodic TV series and the apocolypse has happened meaning the stories they can mostly tell are simple ones about surviving. I'm not expecting every conversation to drive the plot forward - how can it when the plots will be simple and straightforward?

And isn't the point of the comic that it's just a soap (or ongoing drama if you prefer) with zombies?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Proudhuff

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 27 October, 2011, 12:24:01 PM

And isn't the point of the comic that it's just a soap (or ongoing drama if you prefer) with zombies?

often with very few zombies... ( [spoiler] ie prison,farm,behind the wall[/spoiler])

can't believe its months until the 15th TPB  :(

DDT did a job on me

SmallBlueThing

Vol 15 is due early december, according to amazon. Which no doubt means january.

SBT

fresno bob

Shane Walsh with the dick move of the year. I understand his reasons, but that was harsh. :lol:
You know why the Professor never got laid on the island, don't you?

El Chivo

Good stuff. After originally having misgivings  about keeping the Shane character (see comics) i think it adds to the tension & also happy they are keeping (loosely) to the comics
Quality acting chops all round, including our 'Egg'

Chi

COMMANDO FORCES

Just finished episode 3 and absolutely loved the ending. Come on, who else would have done the same :thumbsup:
Also a special shout out for the [spoiler]tree[/spoiler] zombie and especially to the effects team behind it.

brendan1

Arghhhhhh! Everyone who streams this show, or whatever, keeps talking about the ending to Ep 3.

And I soooooooooo want to know what it is, despite it not being on FX until Friday.

Does Shane let the fat bloke get eaten to escape the hospital/ school?
Let the little kid die to fuck up Rick/ whatsername's relationship and move in?
Something even worse?!

fresno bob

]
Something even worse?!
[spoiler]Yes[/spoiler][spoiler]You'll know which Friday. ;)[/spoiler
You know why the Professor never got laid on the island, don't you?

Buddy

Watched eps 1-3 last night and I'm very much enjoying it.

How many eps this series?? Is it 13??

mogzilla

loving every second of this! but what has happened to sophia? has merle found her ? has she been eaten? is she a sophia zombie? are they gonna spin this out for 13 eps?

brendan1

Quote from: fresno bob on 01 November, 2011, 06:26:32 PM
]
Something even worse?!
[spoiler]Yes[/spoiler][spoiler]You'll know which Friday. ;)[/spoiler

I had a feeling it was going to be that!

What a brilliant episode. What a great series.

Bolt-01

All caught up now, thanks be to Sky+. Loving it and enjoying that it is different to the comics. I think they are loosely following the overall events of the series, yet tweaking it to suit the different needs of the medium. Hershel is a bit of top casting too!

brendan1

Quote from: Bolt-01 on 06 November, 2011, 09:33:30 PM
All caught up now, thanks be to Sky+. Loving it and enjoying that it is different to the comics. I think they are loosely following the overall events of the series, yet tweaking it to suit the different needs of the medium. Hershel is a bit of top casting too!

I read the comics a while ago, so I've almost forgotten much of the story arc (obviously major events and settings like the prison and that lunatic The Governor stick in the mind!), so I had no clue who Herschel was in the TV series until I googled.

I also think it's great that the adaptation is pretty loose in many ways; they exist as separate entities and both are superlative in their own medium.

I suppose my only worry is the budget-cutting and loss of Darabont, and the fact that I can't really see it getting as far as the latest GN without the plug being pulled, so perhaps it might be best if the TV series had its own defnitive arc, arther than just fizzling out and being cancelled.

So although I hear a third series has been greenlit (greenlighted?) it certainly can't go on almost indefinitely, like Kirkman's comic appears to be.

And I really like Norman Reedus's character. He's a good actor, plus he got to fuck Helena Christiansen, so I want to be him

COMMANDO FORCES

I shall be watching part 4 in less than 5 minutes  :D