Main Menu

Alan Partridge

Started by JamesC, 28 February, 2013, 12:09:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesC

Quote from: golledge100 on 28 February, 2013, 06:27:04 PM
QuoteHow dare you! We have a castle, a puppet theatre and a mustard shop!

Don't forget Reggies Pea stall!

I want a Reggies mug but I'm frightened to nick one.

Goaty

grthink

I prefer Colossall Velocity, but I can't spell it, so it's just as well they didn't go with it.

JamesC

Just been to the WORLD PREMIERE of Alpha Papa at Anglia Square in Norwich!

It was a great experience and I was lucky to get a ticket. The film's great - much better than I thought it would be with lots of genuine laugh out loud moments. Go see it!

HdE

I'm hearing a rumour that cult 1980s progsters (and Rather Good Band To This Present Day) Marillion are somehow connected to this movie.

The mind boggles!
Check out my DA page! Point! Laugh!
http://hde2009.deviantart.com/

JamesC

Quote from: HdE on 24 July, 2013, 05:44:27 PM
I'm hearing a rumour that cult 1980s progsters (and Rather Good Band To This Present Day) Marillion are somehow connected to this movie.

The mind boggles!

I can confirm there is a connection!

LARF

I'm a huge Marillion fan, not heard a thing though. How are they connected? PM me James if it's a spoiler.

Cheers - M

JamesC

It's not really a plot spoiler but [spoiler]the drummer plays himself but is also a writer at Radio Norwich - he only has a small part.[/spoiler]

willthemightyW

Quote from: qtwerk on 28 February, 2013, 04:06:57 PM
Quote from: JamesC on 28 February, 2013, 02:50:05 PM
How dare you! We have a castle, a puppet theatre and a mustard shop!

I went to Essex University. Compared to Colchester, Norwich was like New York

Hey! Colchester is... okay you're right, I still feel like I should defend it though :P
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

radiator

Can't ruddy wait to see this movie!

If it's half as funny as the recent Partridge 'autobiography' it'll be a classic.

shaolin_monkey

Quote from: radiator on 25 July, 2013, 10:03:58 AM
Can't ruddy wait to see this movie!

If it's half as funny as the recent Partridge 'autobiography' it'll be a classic.

I had no idea that existed!  Added to my library queue - cheers for that!

Good reviews on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Partridge-Need-Talk-About-Alan/dp/0007449186/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1374829551&sr=1-1&keywords=alan+partridge

So is the film actually out at the moment?  If not, anyone know the release date?

EDIT:  Just watched the trailer - August 7th!

Richmond Clements

Monkey - if you can, listen to the audiobook of it. It's read by Partridge and is astoundingly funny.

radiator

Yeah the audiobook is where it's at. It's £12 on iTunes and is well worth it - I've listened to it three times since I bought it. The passage where Alan recites the shortlist of possible names for his house - "Ace House, Alan House, (adopts wistful tone) The Cinnamons...." - is worth the money on it's own.

Here's an extract - not the best bit, but it's the only clip I can find on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAPF1erkfI4

shaolin_monkey

Oof!  £12!  Hmmm, maybe...  I can get the book from the library for free, and use my face/brain to interpret the words in a Partridge format.

Charlie boy

Quote from: JamesC on 24 July, 2013, 06:37:30 PM
It's not really a plot spoiler but [spoiler]the drummer plays himself but is also a writer at Radio Norwich - he only has a small part.[/spoiler]
A few of us still mock my older brother for being a big Marillion fan as a teen; didn't they have [spoiler]a few drummers- the first (being on only one album?) being noticeably bad? Sure that first drummer plays pubs now as "Drummer's Name and The Marillion Experience or something"[/spoiler].