Main Menu

Things that went over your head...

Started by ming, 09 January, 2012, 11:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devons Daddy

the joke
I operated on my own BRAIN,

to me was always BRIAN, as i read it as such, due to dyslexia and the utter inability to spell.
i only realised i may have been wrong years later when reading the Thrill power Overload story on it.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Theblazeuk

Magnetica

Here's one I noticed today.

So there is an Austrian football team called "Sturm Graz".

You know that stuff the Judge's use to control riots? Not riot foam, the other one, Stumm Gas.

Is that close enough?

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Dash Decent on 11 September, 2014, 01:23:04 PM
Or even, do you know what you call a man balancing four planks on his head?
[spoiler]No?  Well Edward Woodward would![/spoiler]

This joke, and the one in the previous post, went straight over my head... till I finally realised that it doesn't work in an Irish accent.  Which is a pity, as I'd really like to tell it to people.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dash Decent

Sorry JBC.  Maybe you can use this one instead:

What do you call a woman with a boat tied to her?
[spoiler]Maude.[/spoiler]

Failing that, how good are you at putting on other accents?
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

glassstanley

Just discovered that Steely Dan's 3rd album was called Pretzel Logic. The Dredd variant appeared I. prog 304.

Frank

So prog 1900's Block Judge, where injury to a presiding block judge means Dredd has to fill-in and deal with the mental residents of a rundown city block, is a fantastic 'new' story from Wagner and Ezquerra, is it? Some of us don't have the wool pulled over our eyes so easily- this 'new' 10 part mini-epic is doing nothing but expanding on the premise of a single issue story which was published a mere 13 years ago.

They've barely even bothered to change the title (Block Court, Wagner & Kennedy, prog 1284)

Frank

That Dolman's had more than face-change surgery:

She's had city reassignment surgery too. From Wagner and Marshall's Escape From Atlantis, prog 1285, 3/4/2002.

Bad City Blue

I was reading an old story last night where a Judge jumps in front of MacGruder to save her from an assassin.

The judge's name is Judge Coster.

tee hee
Writer of SENTINEL, the best little indie out there

Frank

Quote from: Bad City Blue on 28 September, 2014, 01:19:49 PM
I was reading an old story last night where a Judge jumps in front of MacGruder to save her from an assassin. The judge's name is Judge Coster. tee hee

Different Chief Judge (Volt), different spelling of the name Costner:

Quote from: sauchie co-op on 09 March, 2014, 05:18:27 PM

The name badge of CJ Volt's personal protection officer in Mark Millar's voodoo assassin nonsense, The Big Hit (prog 1030, art by Graham Stoddard and Jack Couvella):

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Dash Decent on 19 September, 2014, 01:35:48 PM

Gaahh!  I still can't use it!  That said, I am alright at putting on other accents; at least until someone with that accent heards me.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Dash Decent

Okay then, what do you call a man with no arms and no legs you find floating in your swimming pool?
[spoiler]Bob.[/spoiler]
- By Appointment -
Hero to Michael Carroll

"... rank amateurism and bad jokes." - JohnW.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Dash Decent on 04 October, 2014, 10:12:04 PM
Okay then, what do you call a man with no arms and no legs you find floating in your swimming pool?
[spoiler]Bob.[/spoiler]
Stop. Right. Their.

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Dash Decent on 04 October, 2014, 10:12:04 PM
[spoiler]Bob.[/spoiler]

Well, that works in my accent... but everyone knows that one, no?  [spoiler]Bob[/spoiler] was even a character in Will Self's My Idea of Fun: a limbless Scotsman, he was, heroically working his way round a swimming pool.

I, Cosh

Quote from: Dash Decent on 19 September, 2014, 01:35:48 PM

I still don't get this one. What sort of accent do you need?
We never really die.