Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Monarch

in a wonderful world of sunshine and rainbows here is what i would want

A chris weston cherry pick book (include some one offs he did as well as obviously that one series i never stop banging on about)

Middenface mcnulty collection (include the time travelling one from the early meg and the young middenface stories)

zenith (i do have the hardcovers but its like one of the very few absolute classics not in the uc)

armoured gideon

survival geeks

another devlin to fill out the rest of the kot run

diamond dogs

more dredd volumes to include some of the more recent stuff

a strontlord book and maybe sneak in the few bits of stront that the uc has missed

the tharg the mighty collection that only i would want

Lawman of the Present

It'd be nice to finish the Dark Judges series in trade form. The core HC trades reached Dominion but then seem to have switched to digital-only.

The Ultimate Collection version of Dominion (vol 94) also collected the later Judge Fear one-shot and The Torture Garden. But Deliverance onwards currently remains uncollected in physical form.

davidbishop

Quote from: The Monarch on 11 October, 2022, 02:44:45 PM
in a wonderful world of sunshine and rainbows here is what i would want

A chris weston cherry pick book (include some one offs he did as well as obviously that one series i never stop banging on about)

Middenface mcnulty collection (include the time travelling one from the early meg and the young middenface stories)

zenith (i do have the hardcovers but its like one of the very few absolute classics not in the uc)

armoured gideon

survival geeks

another devlin to fill out the rest of the kot run

diamond dogs

more dredd volumes to include some of the more recent stuff

a strontlord book and maybe sneak in the few bits of stront that the uc has missed

the tharg the mighty collection that only i would want

My sources tell me at least one of those will come true! But I'm not saying which one...

sintec

Quote from: Barrington Boots on 11 October, 2022, 01:49:50 PM
Some of the above appearing in the 'ultimate' collection seems a bit of a misdemeanor, definitely veering into '2000ad - the average collection' in places.

Surely Ultimate describes the collection not the quality of the content of individual books. So it's the ultimate collection of 2000ad beacause it's unlikley anyone will do a larger one. Of course one could then argue that the ultimate collection is the original progs.

More Dark Judges would be good. Plenty more Fall Of Deadworld and would be nice to have Deliverance in HC.

Was book 5 of Brink sufficiently long that we could have it in a volume?  I guess if there's another 40 books there's a couple of years for book 6 to come along if it was towards the end of the run.

Barrington Boots

A very good point. Google defines ultimate as follows:

Adjective:

1.being or happening at the end of a process; final. - this is hopefully not intended as the final 2000ad collection, so this defininition is probably not the one intended by the publisher.
2.being the best or most extreme example of its kind. - we can probably ruled out the collection as the best example of it's kind, as we've already had Greysuit in it. If it's the most extreme example is something possibly up for discussion.

noun

1.the best achievable or imaginable of its kind. - In fairness this probably is the best achievable collection of this stories in lovely big hardbacks covering all sorts of thrills from the great to the... not so great. Is it the best imaginable? No, because Armoured Gideon hasn't been in it.
2.a final or fundamental fact or principle. - see 1 above

Based on this I retract my earlier cheeky comment :)
You're a dark horse, Boots.

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

full tilt boogie, wolfie smith, daily dredds, disaster 1990, a ron smith collection, a book of greatest covers and, yes, a tharg the mighty volume. as well as the dan dare that obviously won't happen.

moly

As much as I'm a bit burnt out after 7 years if they do extend it I know I will carry  on, I think ive just got enough space to store them

sintec

Quote from: The Mind of Wolfie Smith on 11 October, 2022, 05:45:12 PM
a book of greatest covers

They already did that withthe 4 extra volumes in the initial run - they were sadly underwhelming and a tad overpriced imo.

Full Tilt Boogie's a good call though - does feel like there should be some representation of Regened in the collection and that's probably the most likely option. Of course a Pandora Perfect book would be the better choice but I'm not sure there's enough.

Has Chimpsky got enough page count for a book?
With more books it feels like Niemand should get a volume somewhere along the line.

Max Headroom

Quote from: Tomontherun94 on 10 October, 2022, 09:57:15 PM
My one wish is all of the 2012 movie Dredd stuff in 1 book. It would definitely be one of the larger books at 260-ish pages, especially if Trinity is collected, but it would be nice to have all those in one chunky volume.

Tomontherun - If you are reading this, could you say where the 'Trinity' story you mention first appeared? On reading your post I looked back at all my movie Dredd stuff and couldn't place it.
Thanks!

Lawman of the Present

Max - Jumping in to answer! Trinity was a JD story in Prog 2262. Not technically a movie-verse tale but one which saw [SPOILER]comic Dredd cross over with his Stallone and Urban counterparts via interdimensional shenanigans[/SPOILER] :)

abelardsnazz

How official is the extension to 180 issues? Can anyone in the know confirm yay or nay?

Neil C

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 12 October, 2022, 09:40:02 PM
How official is the extension to 180 issues? Can anyone in the know confirm yay or nay?
The info comes from the weekly partwork list published in the National Title File which is produced by the Association of Newspaper and Magazine Wholesalers (ANMW) who get their info from the news trade distributors (typically Marketforce UK Ltd these days) who in turn get their info from the publishers (Hachette)

The info on the UC has only just changed from 140 issues to 180 issues in the past week, and mistakes do occasionally happen, but if it's still saying 180 on Monday I'd assume it's definite.

Swerty

I'm quite happy with that.Hope to see some spine artwork soon.Keeps us all guessing for another 2 years.

IndigoPrime

Curious that Forbidden Planet appears to be out of stock of #132 and #133. Bah. I really don't want to have to order Leviathan from Hachette. (Nowhere around here stocks these books, unfortunately.)

moly

I can't find it now but I'm sure I've seen something from boo cook stating it was being extended but he wasn't doing the spine artwork for it