Main Menu

Sideshow Vote: Favorite Chief Judge

Started by broodblik, 04 February, 2022, 07:58:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoGilesGo

McGruder was very good first time around, even better on her return.

Funt Solo

McGruder

I assumed she had lost an arm in the frames shown (especially as it references "gruesome injuries") - but next time we see her she has two arms. I've always assumed one is bionic, but I don't recall specific references to that. Is this just me?
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

AlexF

In terms of the most great storeis, it'd be McGruder for me - but I'm actually going to vote for Logan. I just love the stuff iunfolding under his tenure where he's desperately trying to be a nice/sensible guy, especially the way he thinks/knows the new Mecahnismos are a good thing and should have more sway. I can't wait to see where his story is going...

Link Prime

Richard

McGruder had a bionic hand. She didn't lose her whole arm though, it's just obscured in the panels above.

In the last episode of The Apocalypse War, when she's being sworn in you see her bandaged arm stump resting on the book of law.

IndigoPrime

McGruder takes it for me, with two interesting takes on the role, even if the second stint did veer a bit too far into parody at times.

Interesting someone earlier mentioned Cal's wall—what goes up doesn't come down when a regime goes full-on bonkers, it seems.

broodblik

Initial I tough this was a close call but at the end one candidate almost got half of the votes and no other candidate got more than 2.

Voting closed the winner:

Hilda Margaret McGruder Chief Judge 2104 – 2108 and 2112 - 2116
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Dark Jimbo

I really couldn't settle on any single one for a vote - had about six contenders in my head! A worthy winner though, certainly.
@jamesfeistdraws

Colin YNWA

I must admit I did not think this would be so clear cut. So much variety on offer. Very interesting that we got such a decisive result. One I might not have voted for but its hard to argue against.

Thanks for running Broodblik

Dark Jimbo

McGruder's great because , unlike any other CJ, you essentially get two characters for the price of one!
@jamesfeistdraws

Richard

Also she's a colourful character. Mist chief judges don't have any personality of their own and are basically interchangeable, but she stands out.