Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Meltdown Man vs. Stalag 666 Round 2 Heat 114

Started by Colin YNWA, 25 April, 2022, 06:23:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Penultimate week, just two weeks to go - which if you consider that we started this Round in January is quite something. Enjoy these dog days of Round 2 as while we have some meaty ties in these last two weeks it's going to be nothing compared to some of the sinkers you will have in Round 3. You'll look back at the easy days and decisions you've had to make in Round 2 with fondness. Just check out Funt Solo's wonderful Round 2 so far thread to get a sense of what Round 3 will be...

One day the secret history of the Forum's Favourite Thrill will be written and in that expose you will read of the horrible events that mean that Meltdown Man almost didn't make it into Round 2 due to an error and Storm Warning appearing twice... Tharg only knows why... the panic this created, the ingenuity in solution and then the hilarity of almost missing out and then getting Stalag 666. I mean Nick and co aren't going to be missing from Round 3 are they!

Meltdown Man - more info

Vs

Stalag 666 - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Thursday April 28th and the winner gets a place in Round 3 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Huey2

rogue69

Dark Jimbo

No contest. Meltdown Man smashes this (but most syrips would, against Stalag 666).
@jamesfeistdraws

abelardsnazz

Magnetica

AlexF

Now here's what I call a shut-out! Even Jon Davis-Hunt's Mum would vote for Meltdown Man.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: AlexF on 25 April, 2022, 09:21:42 AM
Now here's what I call a shut-out! Even Jon Davis-Hunt's Mum would vote for Meltdown Man.

Funnily enough she did too, via postal vote... I have mentioned those before haven't I?

Blue Cactus

There was a cliffhanger in Stalag 666 where the prisoners are trying to tunnel out and this weird burrowing creature thing bursts through the tunnel wall and attacks them. At this point I remember thinking maybe this strip is going to take a weird turn for the better; what actually is out there beyond the prison walls? Are they actually in purgatory and about to enter some kind of bizarre hell dimension (hence the 666 in the title), which would also give the snake nazis more of a surreal aspect than I had thought previously? This could go into some really weird and mindboggling directions here!

Turned out it was just a nasty burrowing creature, which they killed.

Meltdown Man all the way.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: AlexF on 25 April, 2022, 09:21:42 AM

Do you know his dad is/was a message boarder?
@jamesfeistdraws

Barrington Boots

You're a dark horse, Boots.

Magnetica

Quote from: Blue Cactus on 25 April, 2022, 09:29:42 AM
There was a cliffhanger in Stalag 666 where the prisoners are trying to tunnel out and this weird burrowing creature thing bursts through the tunnel wall and attacks them. At this point I remember thinking maybe this strip is going to take a weird turn for the better; what actually is out there beyond the prison walls? Are they actually in purgatory and about to enter some kind of bizarre hell dimension (hence the 666 in the title), which would also give the snake nazis more of a surreal aspect than I had thought previously? This could go into some really weird and mindboggling directions here!

Turned out it was just a nasty burrowing creature, which they killed.

Meltdown Man all the way.

I also seem to recall there was a cliff hanger were someone died, and then a bit like one of those old 1950s Saturday morning serials, that got undone in the first panel of the next episode. It was really confusing.
Apparently it was down to a miscommunication between the writer and the artist.

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

IndigoPrime

Meltdown Man, on the basis it shows some imagination and has some excellent art.