Main Menu

Forum’s Favourite Thrill - Robo-Hunter (Samantha) vs. Revere Rd 2 Heat 119

Started by Colin YNWA, 28 April, 2022, 06:24:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funt Solo

Tricky one - I know Revere is well regarded but I've never been a fan - it was all too abstract and surreal. On the other hand Samantha Slade's Robo-Hunter was an interesting premise, but didn't have that chock-a-bot density that I enjoyed about early Robo-Gibson. Too many gradient fills. I can do gradient fills. Gie's a job!

It's an art vote, then. Revere.
++ A-Z ++  coma ++

JayzusB.Christ

I love Revere - a bold experiment that, for me at least, succeeds brilliantly. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Colin YNWA

Great to see Samantha getting some of the credit her strip deserves. The series might have gone off the rails a bit at the end, but it had a fun start. A match for Revere, well clearly not. You have today to make your call if you haven't already.

Colin YNWA

VOTING CLOSED

For me Revere is about John Smith slipping into a caccoon and blooming into JOHN SMITH and by the end he was almost entirely fully formed... which is kinda poppycock as it came out 3 years after New Statemen which is my fav John Smith story (possibly) and he was fully formed there. But there really felt like there as something transformative about it. Samantha Slade was almost the opposite it was about taking something good and just trying tor reproduce it. And for a while it did that very well, but did drift by the end and we never got to Paris and no more was said. So its hardly surprising that

Revere

leaps into Round 3.