Main Menu

Forum’s Fav Thrill - Jaegir vs. The Out Rd 4 Heat 14

Started by Colin YNWA, 13 July, 2022, 06:21:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Second week of Round 4 and we've got a real sense of what this Round will be like already, though while there are some headspliters this week I'd dare to suggest there are also some of the easier calls, though my prediction credentials have been severely tested in the tourney so what do I know?!?

Ouch two modern favourites coming head to head. Only one will come out of this and I doubt that will be unscaved. It's a fascinating match up and one that I think will have fans of the modern prog gnashing teeth to full effect. Though worth reflecting on the fact that The Out has form taking down great modern thrills. Has that worn it down, more made it battle hardened?

Form book:

Jaegir - Bye; Soul Sisters; Rose O'Rion
The Out - Bye; Zaucer of Zilk; The Order

Jaegir - more info

Vs

The Out - more info

Just reply in this thread naming your favourite thrill of these two series at the beginning of your post (or use Bold tags so I can spot it easily) and say what you like about these wonderful stories after that.

Match ends early on the morning of Saturday 16th July and the winner gets a place in Round 5 (of 9!!!).

What on Earth is ALL of this?

For those that need 'um and can be bothered to follow 'um there's some simple rules

Any questions, just ask as ever - and have FUN!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

moly

Trooper McFad

Citizens are Perps who haven't been caught ... yet!

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

Early days yet, but this isn't going the way I expected. And I'm going to add to that: Jaegir.

abelardsnazz

BPP

The Out.

Maybe the best thing 2000ad has published in the last decade. That reveal at the book 1 was incredible storytelling.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

SmallBlueThing(Reborn)

The Out.

Best new Thrill since... well, Brink, probably.

SBT

IndigoPrime

Ouch. Jaeger is fantastic – one of the best recent new strips, and the first to make me care about anything in the Rogue Trooper universe to any degree. (I liked Tor Cyan a lot too, but that had nowhere near the same level of clout.) But The Out is just something else entirely. It's unlike anything else the Prog has run, it has gorgeous visuals that act as an anchor for each week's tale and yet don't hamper it, and it has so far delivered the kind of gut punches so few strips are capable of.

I'm honestly surprised it's getting a kicking in this thread, but I guess it's not for everyone. It's definitely for me though and I can't imagine too many strips I'd pick over The Out.

broodblik

The Out is fantastic and the more books gets published to more its legend will grow

Huey2

norton canes

The Out is lovely but I've just read 'Beasts Within' and coupled with the more recent instalments I've read in the prog, I have to say Jaegir

The Mind of Wolfie Smith

jaegir

one of the best character studies the prog has ever seen.

AlexF

I'm on team Grennie in today's other tussle but on this heat it's Dabnett for me. I like the idea of Jaegir but often find the overarching storytelling a bit muddled. Is Atalia still on a more-or-less formal mission to hunt out Norts who might go full Strigoi? Or is she now pursuing some more personal family-based agenda? Does any of it have any impact on the wider Nort vs Souther war?
In contrast, The Out is clear as a bell and full of delightful space fantasy. Apparently my tastes are at odds with the forum today!

The Out.